Sticks for a tour...?

tbmills

Gold Member
i am taking some time off and going on tour starting in july. i was wondering what to do about the drumstick situation. i have enough trouble as it is finding what i like where i live. is there a good way to get sticks for a tour? i am looking for bulk or "artist" pricing if possible. do any stick companies offer anything like this?

thanks
tb

Vic Firth or Promark may do, contact them and find out.

Here's the contact info:

Pro-Mark Corporation

11550 Old Main Street Loop Road
Houston, TX 77025
Phone: 713.314.1100
Fax: 713.669.8000

Vic Firth, Incorporated
Boston/Dedham Commerce Park
65 Sprague Street
Boston, MA 02136 U.S.A.
Telephone: 617-364-6869

Hope they do it for you :)

also any store may give you a discount if buying bulk.

if there isnt a decent store near you, where are you playing on tour? just buy a couple of pairs and go to a shop where you stop off on the road. but as always the internet will be cheapest i guess.

I've purchased boxes (12 pair) of Pro Marks before from Midwest Percussion and Interstate Music. They come shrink wrapped and banded in a block, with each pair sleeved. I'd keep them in the box as it's the perfect size. I was also able to get a small discount on each pair because of bulk buy.

I've purchased boxes (12 pair) of Pro Marks before from Midwest Percussion and Interstate Music. They come shrink wrapped and banded in a block, with each pair sleeved. I'd keep them in the box as it's the perfect size. I was also able to get a small discount on each pair because of bulk buy.

I was going to say contact Los Cabos in Canada. You may find a sponsor in them coz they're becoming very aggressive in their search of new talents and new endorsers.

Very tough & inexpensive stick if you ask.

http://loscabosdrumsticks.com/

Contact Pro Mark, Vic Firth, Vader whatever company you use. I know a drummer that works at a local guitar center got hooked up that way and is getting a sweet deal on sticks.

What ones are you using that you are having such a hard time finding?

where are you playing on tour? just buy a couple of pairs and go to a shop where you stop off on the road.

well be playing in alabama, miss, georgia, the carolinas, and tenn mostly, but well also visit florida and louisiana.

I was going to say contact Los Cabos in Canada. You may find a sponsor in them coz they're becoming very aggressive in their search of new talents and new endorsers.

i will definitely look into them. they look like good sticks and good people.

What ones are you using that you are having such a hard time finding?

vic firth 7a wood tip... yea...
the music store here in tuscaloosa isnt the best. the guy who manages the drum dep only stocks the products he uses. i have never seen a remo 14" amb. i think thats a cry for help.

Try www.customdrumstix.BIZ they custom tailor sticks to your exact measurements.

they have great deals on bulk ordering and will ship to gigs if you dont feel like having all those sticks with you

pairs are only $5 hickory (white and red) maple, ash, oak, jatoba, and purple heart

However you get your sticks, don't forget to turn in the receipt(s) to the tour manager! Consumables like sticks and heads are a tour expense. Same applies if you break a cymbal or need a stand replaced while on the road. Unfortunately, you can't buy an expensive kit and expect to be reimbursed... you're responsible for your own instruments at the start of the tour.

Have fun!

Bermuda

Vic Firth SD10 Swingers, Vater 5B Gospel, or just be like every other touring drummer and buy over 9000 Vic Firth 5As for $1.

All this talk about 'sponsorship' is good, definitely look into it!

I might get atttacked for such an idea, but you might want to look into 'seconds'. I buy a bag of 20 sticks (10 pairs) for $25, and there great sticks (the odd slightly worped stick i'll mark and use for practice only).
Im a VERY hard hitting drummer, and i havent had any issues with these kind of sticks, I find they break at the same rate as $10 pairs do

just my $0.02

Back