John Bonham

Hi! I am new here. I am from Argentina and I spoke spanish but I will try to write in Spanish as well as I can. hehe, I really love John Bonham. I think he didn´t born in Earth. He´s fantastic and used amazing techniques. Although this, I prefer Roger Taylor. R.T is my favourite drummer. I have only 16 years old. I want you to introduce me in this DruM World cause I have been playing drums since 15. (one year ago)

Colleagues,

I have got a question for you:

Did John Bonham ever played a double bass drum set? Somewhere? On/Off Tour? Do you have pictures?

Thanks & Regards,

does anybody know bonham influences? tnx

Well he really liked drummers like Gene Krupa and Joe Morello. The way he tuned his toms were influenced by the sound of big band drummers that he would listen to when he was a kid. Hope this helps!

Re: Bonham influences...

On Steve Smith's latest DVD Standing On The Shoulders Of Giants, Steve demonstrates one or two Max Roach tom-tom/bass drum licks which he says influenced Bonham.

Indeed, when you listen to them, they are clearly early versions of classic Bonham triplet/flam licks which he used on the likes of Moby Dick, Stairway, Dazed and Confused etc.

For some reason I didn't think much of Bonham at first, but now I'm totally addicted to his groove! In fact, he's probably my biggest influence now.

Last edited:
Back