Do your pets like your drumming?

When I had a blanket in my bass, my cat would climb through the port and sleep in it during the cold months. I recently got new heads and lost the blanket. But, as for when I drum, the second he sees me or my band members near the drums, he leaves.

My chihuahua hates it all, except for quiet hand drums. My turtles LOVE my drumming, If out of their cages, they will RUN right over to the kit (run being a relative word, here, though they are significantly faster than you would think), and just sit there bobbing along.

I had 2 birman cats until 1 died about 2 weeks ago, and they both hated it, the surviving one still hates it sometimes, and sometimes will just do a runner out of the house asap :p

George.

Aww man thats a drag,sorry to hear you lost a friend.my cat bolts under the bed whenever I as much as grab the sticks.when I play my guitar through the amp,shes fine with my riffs.Just lay there all content,but as soon as I tear into some soloing,she gives the amp a good stare,and jumps up on our lofts railing.Protesting my chops I guess...Pffft what does she know!! :)

My Rabbit likes my playing!!.. It seems to get very excited when i start to play.

my guitarest's pomerainian (how ever you spell that) has a stuffed rabbit that he wrongs on a very regular basis, when ever i drop into a part with long 16th note double bass passages he'll drag mr bunny in front of the bass drum and hump him like theres no tommorow lol....sick lil bugger makes me feel dirty for playing drums.

My cat tends to decide it's cuddling time whenever I start swinging the sticks around, which is somewhat annoying as she is by no means that big on cuddling in general. I only have a practice pad kit at home though, I've no idea how she would react to the actual drums.

One of my cat looks at me like he's going to kill me whenever I even sit back there, and leaves when I start. The other one is usually really skittish and runs when she sees people, but finds it fun to jump up on my lap in the middle of playing and she always makes me miss something. Maybe she's taking action against it.

My adult cat (10 yrs) takes off upstairs and sleeps in the bedroom whenever I play. Just got two kittens a few weeks ago, they don't seem to care. They'll just sleep on the couch in the next room.

Man don't get me started. My dog will bark his head off until i kick him out and close the door. He is not a fan i guess. :p

Many years ago I lived in a house with another drummer and a percussionist. The two of them would often play together, drum kit and congas, just jamming, playing for the fun of it.

We had a big old tom cat named Otis living with us, and Otis would go up and sit on my housemate's bass drum while he and the percussionist were playing. He'd just sit there, on the bass drum right under the ride cymbal, while all this drumming was going on. It was quite an amusing thing to see.

Awful Story.

I was about 18 years old (back in 1979/80) and some friends came over to jam in my (parents) basement. I had just graduated and still lived at home.

No one was home but me and the guys. My sister, who was about 12 at the time, had a hamster. I hadn't notice but the singer/guitarist set up his Twin Reverb right next to the hamster's cage which was sitting on the floor.

Poor little thing. After everyone left my sister noticed he was laying there shaking. We picked him up and just held him that evening. he was dead by the end of the night.

I felt so bad...

The moral of this story: Drummers prefer cats over dogs 2 to 1.

The moral of this story: Drummers prefer cats over dogs 2 to 1.

Thats what I'm starting to pick up. I figured there would be alot more dogs with drummers. Although I am kind of the exact ratio, I have one dog (sort of) and two cats

Awful Story.

I was about 18 years old (back in 1979/80) and some friends came over to jam in my (parents) basement. I had just graduated and still lived at home.

No one was home but me and the guys. My sister, who was about 12 at the time, had a hamster. I hadn't notice but the singer/guitarist set up his Twin Reverb right next to the hamster's cage which was sitting on the floor.

Poor little thing. After everyone left my sister noticed he was laying there shaking. We picked him up and just held him that evening. he was dead by the end of the night.

I felt so bad...

Dude I feel ya. Back when I had guinea pigs, one of my friends put the little guy in my bass drum and started pounding on it. I had to throw a drumstick at him to get him to stop;on my part that was a bad move because he is a pitcher for his baseball team and threw one right back. After that, my guinea pig never knew when I was coming in the room because he went def.

Geez Chip what a sad story. It's hard to believe that high noise levels KILLED him.
Whodathunk?

Back