Iron Cobra Double pedal?

supermac

I'm thinking of buying one of these.

At the moment I'm using a 'run-of-the-mill' Pearl double pedal.

Does anybody use an Iron Cobra and would you recommend it?

I'm keen to improve my double pedal skills.

Can upgrading pedals help that?

Any thoughts appreciated...

I own a righty double version of the 2009 series with the cobra coils and an earlier series single with no coil. they are very good pedals, very light and smooth as hot butter. Obviously the only thing that will make your double pedal skills better is practice practice practice, but cobras will definitely make it feel alot better and make it easier for you to set the pedals to your liking. so i would recommend them, also what kinda music do you play?

I own a righty double version of the 2009 series with the cobra coils and an earlier series single with no coil. they are very good pedals, very light and smooth as hot butter. Obviously the only thing that will make your double pedal skills better is practice practice practice, but cobras will definitely make it feel alot better and make it easier for you to set the pedals to your liking. so i would recommend them, also what kinda music do you play?

If you're looking to spend less then $400 and buy new, Iron cobra's and Pearl Eliminator's are very hard to beat.

The IC is a wonderful pedal, and worth the buy but don't just rush out and get one. Go to Guitar Center, or Sam Ash and play around with the pedals... See what you like, when the guys aren't looking customize the feel abit :) see if that helps.

I agree with the other posters. I had a budget double pedal that was just horrible. Then I got the IC Jr. double pedal and it was much better. Then I bought two single Iron Cobra's and they're a step up again.

There's not a magic pedal to help with double bass though, it comes down to practice. However better gear does make practicing easier.

Back