INTRODUCTIONS: Please Use This Thread To Introduce Yourself!

Re: i'm new here

Welcome to the forum! Don't worry, we aren't all here to make a career out of drumming, I'm just a hobbyist myself. We are glad to have all levels of musicians here. Look forward to seeing you around.

thanks MaryO, looking forward to being around. hope to chat sometime.

Welcome to the Forum! Those drums are Camco's (the precursor to Drum Workshop), and I consider them classics and would bring them back up to snuff just because. In fact, I love the old Camcos more than the new DW's, but that's another story.

It might cost some, but you got a classic kit with a classic finish that's pretty rare. If you don't want to spend money on them, don't get rid of them and keep them in the family until someone wants to take care of them!

thanks bo, i do have all intention of restoring this kit by replacing the missing pieces. so far i figured it is gonna cost me somewhere round 500$ to do so. plan to do 1 piece at a time. like i said a bit ago, they are not going anywhere, i have already gave them to my grandson, he is only three so still mine til he learns to play and can appreciate them as i do. and if he don't then got another grandson on the way who might, either way they are staying in the family.
i just am trying to find out as much info as i can to confirm what i was told about them.

this is the lit'l guy who will inherit this kit. his name is jude and he is 3yrs old. he makes g-ma so proud and he loves music as much as g-ma robyn does.

Attachments

• jude on drums.jpg
    jude on drums.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 483

If you've got no intention of selling the kit, then by all means restore it. Some people prefer the Camco sets over the DW, just so you know, you got a great sounding kit. Your grandson will be/is lucky, indeed.​

If you've got no intention of selling the kit, then by all means restore it. Some people prefer the Camco sets over the DW, just so you know, you got a great sounding kit. Your grandson will be/is lucky, indeed.​

harry, do you know if camco made cymbles too? i can't find any info on cymbles. do you know which ones were most popular with these kits or if there was any. thanks.

Re: A little newbie forum Montreal...

Ok everybody...
These days i'm SOOOO tired and a bit sick, and I was too much tired to complete my presentation.

So my apologize, cause of course is helpful tu read the rules, and said that nobody read it isn't a reason to don't do it. That was a non-sense sentence.

By the way, I will probably post some videos in a few weeks.

Edit : I go read the rules by now...

Jasbat

Whats crackin' fellas?

nothin' special here .. just goin' through the motions of finally singing up. well.. i guess while my account still has that new car smell i'll drop some knowledge nuggets for u guys - names kyle oneil .. im 25 .. been hitting things with sticks for 16 years. i play on a dw/orange county frankenstein/hybrid of a setup (on purpose;) i have 3 projects .. one is my main focus - a (for all intensive purposes) progressive metal band called ".. then came Vultures" .. 2nd i started a ska/jazz "play on the weekends at bars" project called "Paper Cannons" and i also am part of a studio recording-specific project with a handful of guys who have been on their instruments longer than ive been on this earth .. and that one is callled "Snake Skin Space Suit" all i really do is drum.. which makes me wonder why i havnt registered on here sooner. anywho.. this is me. thats that. & i look forward to obnoxiously posting my drum videos up and arguing theory with you guys. ;) peace.

Real name? Darin Rotert
Age 17
How long have you been playing? 7 or 8 years
Origin of user name? My head
Make of drumkit? Tama
Make of cymbal? Meinl zildjian
Where do you practice? Home
Are you in a band?no
What style of music anything that sounds fun

Real name? Josh
Age? 20
How long have you been playing? 10 years
Origin of user name? I like drums and I like pigs. Put the two together? Ta-da!
Your top 5 drummers? Thomas Pridgen, John Bonham, Matt Garstka, Jojo Mayer, Benny Greb
Make of drumkit? Pearl Sessions
Make of cymbal? Zildjian, Sabian
Where do you practice? Basement at home, practice rooms at Berklee.
Are you in a band? I work with my buddy/guitarist, Crisbie, and play in a band called Vitamin Sun
Do you play covers or originals? Mostly originals with a few covers
What style of music? Blues rock, indie, progressive
Favourite take out food? A nice fat burrito...
What country do you live in? USA
One really odd fact about yourself? I donated my hair once. That's not too odd though...
How did you start drumming? Inspired by the Blue Man Group. I begged and pleaded for a drum set for months. Luckily, my parents eventually caved.

Just me.

What's up everyone my name is Will and I have been playing drums for 6 years now almost 7. The main genre I like to play to is Hardcore/Post-Hardcore stuff like that, but I like to try to play everything. Pretty soon I would like to open my channel up on youtube for videos like drum cover maybe a few cool licks and grooves I come up with as time goes on, but if that ever does happen I will post the info on here to keep you guys informed.

-Will

Cyb signing in

Hi, found this forum by accident and it's full of great info and humours put downs!!!

I've been drumming since 1988, been in many different bands. Did two European tours playing hard core punk with a band called Decline 1991 and 92, my last band was a Death metal act from Preston UK called Godbotherer. Not been in a band for a couple of years but think it's high time to rock again. I play mostly punk/metal cross over but with an eye on rudiments not just a tub thumper. I live in the UK.

Paul

Hey All, Just wanted to say hi to everyone. Cool to join this forum. Have been visiting the site alot to watch video's of drummers. Learned alot that way, so hopefully I will learn from everyone here aswell.

Real name? Rick Lieffering
Age? 27
How long have you been playing? 11 years
Origin of user name? I pretty much smash everything to bits, not very proud of that, but hence the name.
Your top 5 drummers? Tony Laureano, George Kollias, Derek Roddy, Pete Sandoval, Vinnie Paul
Make of drumkit? Tama Artstar 2 Lars Ulrich Signature / Premier / Roland
Make of cymbal? Stagg/Sabian/Istanbul/Zildjian/Wuhan
Where do you practice? At my parents house
Are you in a band? Yes, two, Fenris blackmetal and The Darkest Red deathmetal
Do you play covers or originals? Mostly originals
What style of music? Metal
Favourite take out food? Pizza or Kapsalon (Doner with fries salad all in one)
What country do you live in? The Netherlands
How did you start drumming? My dad always played the drums, so I kinda rolled into it naturally. And Byron Mcmackin of Pennywise was my hero

Real name? Christopher Kelly
Age? 24
How long have you been playing? 17
Origin of user name? Just my channel name for youtube.
Your top 5 drummers? Neil Peart, Mike Portnoy, Mike Mangini, George Kollias, Keith Moon
Make of drumkit? Tama Starclassic
Make of cymbal? Sabian
Where do you practice? In my living room
Are you in a band? In between bands..
What style of music? Prog/Rock/Metal
Favourite take out food? Whataburger!
How did you start drumming? My father started me at a young age and I mostly taught myself by ear with the radio and my fathers cd collection.

Real name? Scott Griffith
Age? 54
How long have you been playing? 40 years. Gawd, it sounds really bad when you say it that way.
Origin of user name? Nickname given me many years ago that just stuck.
Your top 5 drummers? Bill Bruford, Vinnie Colaiuta, Billy Cobham, Buddy Rich, Tony Williams
Make of drumkit? *Long* story. Acoustic kit currently undergoing restoration, few pieces are from the same manufacturer: Tama, Ludwig, Slingerland, Fibes, Sonor, Premier, glued together with a Gibraltar rack. Electronic kit: mostly Hart, Roland TD20exp and Alesis DM5 modules, with a little bit of everything else in there as well.
Make of cymbal? Avedis Zildjian.
Where do you practice? In my studio. Otherwise, the cops show up.
Are you in a band? In between bands: primarily recording now, although I do do pickup gigs occasionally. Starting to get the itch to play out again, though.
Do you play covers or originals? Mostly originals.
What style of music? All of the above. Rock, jazz, blues- probably most comfortable with progressive rock/fusion, and that's what I write.
Favourite take out food? Local Chinese place that nobody has ever heard of: Tasty House!
How did you start drumming? I slept since then... but I vaguely recall starting out at a really, really young age on the usual collection of pans, pillows, and the like. Parents were great jazz fans, so there was always music around. I remember borrowing a friend's kit in 1972, and the rest is just a bit of a blur.

A couple odd facts about myself: I'm an electrical engineer, and my big contribution to the music industry was working on the development of some of the early Kurzweil synthesizer family, starting with the 250, and continuing on through the K1000 series. Still do a little cottage industry of restoring old 250s, in fact. Attended the very first ever International MIDI Association convention when the MIDI standard was brand new: turns out it wasn't a flash in the pan, after all. Have a small project recording studio (Return of Son of Scratchpad Studio), and do live sound work as Earfull Sound. I'm also a moderator over at the Recording Project web site. Pleased to meetcha!

Back