2010 Football World Cup-South Africa

you never know though, Germany did gain a lot of confidence over the England match, but England was playing bad and pushed to far forward in hopes of catching some goals after their denied 2nd equalizer left them desperate. Doing so left their defense out of position and off balance with the counter attack.

Germany did well to capitalize on those situations against England, but I don't think they will see those chances in the upcoming matches. I do however feel they will beat Argentina, but ultimately I think Brazil is going to take it home again. Brazil is not playing that "pretty football" they are known for, but they are winning and playing well as a team with a solid attacking force and strong defense. That is what I think will carry them through.

I would like to see Netherlands get a WC trophy.

Last edited:
I 2nd that vote for Holland to win the world cup, that is were my surrport is now that England cant be arsed th play football anymore..

Germany / Argintina, dislike them both with a passion, is there an option of the grounb may open up and swallow them both.

Where did sufc.loyal go.
One minute he was into all sorts of debates then all of a sudden he was banned, what did I miss was he to passionate about his football views.

Can he not be allowed back?

Gratz to Holland for winning over Brazil. Most entertaining match ever!

WOW, The Netherlands upset the mighty Brazil. I just hope they can continue on and win it. I cant say any other team in football deserves the WC trophy more than the Netherlands at this point.

here comes germany, lads...watch out. I was never that high on Brazil.. I alwaysthought they were overrated and living on past glory. Ghana's just scored over Uruguay...

EDIT- what a dramatic and sad ending..!!!!

Last edited:
Good on the Dutch! That opens things up. You'd expect them to make the final now.

Ironically, Oz would have beaten Ghana in the group phase except that we choked on a penalty awarded to us, whereas Ghana's guy converted theirs coolly and easily. Surprised that Ghana would lose through penalties because their reliable conversion of them is what got them through the sudden death games.

Good on the Dutch! That opens things up. You'd expect them to make the final now.

Ironically, Oz would have beaten Ghana in the group phase except that we choked on a penalty awarded to us, whereas Ghana's guy converted theirs coolly and easily. Surprised that Ghana would lose through penalties because their reliable conversion of them is what got them through the sudden death games.

they had a penalty awarded to them in overtime and missed it. was sad.

GERMANY...too young, too fast, too much skill, nothing but team work. Headed for the cup.

Argentina, you have been owned.

Last edited:
GERMANY...too young, too fast, too much skill, nothing but team work. Headed for the cup.

Argentina, you have been owned.

So true, as much as it hurts to say this as a die hard England fan, I really wish England could learn to play like Germany. They have endless energy and rock solid def, and they make you look down right foolish on the counter attack. I am glad Argentina lost because Maradona is pretty much an ass hole, and is too cocky. I am still not over that handball.....

I just hope Netherlands can snatch this Cup, they will have to play top form to do it.

Isn't a coincidence that Aust, Eng and Arg have all been pathetic against Germany, according to their local press?

It couldn't possibly have anything to do with a bunch of fearless young guns running rings around older men, who weren't pathetic, just older. More likely their energy drinks were spiked ...

BOGOTA, Colombia - Fans worldwide have fashioned replicas of the World Cup trophy out of everything from papier-mache to plastic. But a lawbreaker in Colombia gets top prize for most original material: cocaine.

A statue replica of a World Cup soccer trophy was made of 24 pounds of cocaine mixed with acetone or gasoline to make it moldable.

I guess Maradona was hoping to celebrate if they won the real cup. I guess he will have to sell it now.

Back