Songs that totally rock out

I read a lot of replies.........and I agree with ALL..........here are mine:

Baba O'Reilly--The Who

Tom Sawyer--Rush

Paradise City--GnR

Need more....

Flood by Tool, after Maynard goes "This changes everything"...

Oh good, you're back. I expected you to suggest a Tool song so you threw us a curly one with that jazz rock suggestion earlier. Now I feel normal :)

Having said that, just listening to Mahavishnu's Noonward Race - talk about a fusion band rocking out ... there was some serious energy in the studio that day! From Wikipedia:
The intro for "The Noonward Race" was written for the full band and not just as a guitar-and-drums duet as heard on the album. During the recording of the piece, a long-standing tension between Rick Laird and Jerry Goodman boiled over into a full brawl, with the two of them knocking Jan Hammer and his keyboards over during the struggle.
McLaughlin and Cobham continued to play at full volume during the entire altercation, and McLaughlin liked the effect so much he instructed Laird, Goodman, and Hammer to sit out while he comped behind Cobham's solo later in the song.

As penance for this fusion number, here's some classic live rock'n'roll from The Beatles.

the mob goes wild-clutch

while you were shouting at the devil,we were in legue with satan - zimmers hole

I can't. believe I haven't. thought of "Achilles Last Stand" until now.

gotta be one of my fav. Zep tunes. oh yea & "the crunge"

Bonzolead

An underrated tune by The Who, I don't Even Know Myself. It radiates raw energy and definitely rocks out.

EVERYONE needs to check out Rose Hill Drive. Numerous live videos on youtube, download their two albums on itunes, and theres also a site that you can download lots of live performances for free, and theres also one where they did two sets for new years 08/09, one of which was led zepp II in its entirety! Incredible! Just type in google download rose hill drive gigs for free, or something a long those lines! ENJOY!!

The Plight - Ball & Chain

A band from Leeds, and boy can you tell in their sound.

Long Live Rock 'n' Roll - Rainbow (RIP R.J.D.)
Slave to the Grind - Skid Row
Rawdogs & Warhogs - Ted Nugent
Tribute - Tenacious D
I'm the One - Van Halen

Whatever this song is... I have no idea.

Remember back in the day when people would upload their band's songs to Napster, but change the Artist/Title to something famous to trick people into downloading them? That's where this came from, I got it back in '98-'99 thinking it was a live DMB song. Whatever it is rocks tho, and I ended up keeping it.

Attachments

• 08 - Mystery Song.mp3
    5.4 MB · Views: 135
Back