Drum Trigger and Module

i'm not sure how much that ddrum module costs, but i have had success with an alexis trigger i/o & redshot on kick/snare.
i then use Superior Drummer or Battery on a laptop to create the kick/snare i want.

i've also used the triggers with the alesis stock sounds on the module, and a roland td-10 module. both of them were satisfactory and i'm sure would be perfect for live metal triggering.
if i had to choose a module i'd go with the alesis because it's significantly cheaper and is just generally better at triggering.
good luck!

p.s. relevant; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO4LyKd-Hws

Last edited:
Have tried the Ddrum bass trigger with a 22" mesh head and could never get it to trigger properly. Can't comment on the module as I've never used one but I'd stick to Roland or Yamaha.

Have tried the Ddrum bass trigger with a 22" mesh head and could never get it to trigger properly. Can't comment on the module as I've never used one but I'd stick to Roland or Yamaha.

I don't know if external triggers work so good with mesh heads. Externals are usually used with acoustic drums/heads, and internal triggers are usually used with mesh heads.
Nothing wrong with either way, I guess. So long as it works.

I don't know if external triggers work so good with mesh heads. Externals are usually used with acoustic drums/heads, and internal triggers are usually used with mesh heads.
Nothing wrong with either way, I guess. So long as it works.
I did also try a Jman (internal) trigger with crappy results as well so it's probably just me. Am now using 2 x Krigg Triggera bass drum triggers (aside from a few initial module adjustments, no problems with them and almost silent).
I think I've seen your kit over on the vdrums forum. Out of curiosity how do you trigger your bass drums (looked like you used mesh heads as well)?

I've done alot of research on this. My conclusion is what wildbill has.

I purchased DDrum triggers from Hart. These guys seem to know their stuff. They disassemble, modify to increase sensitivity, and repackage them. I got them at at deal. They had one set of 5 left from the Houston show. Give them a call, and maybe they have leftovers from last week's NAMM.

As for the module, I'm going to use the DTX700. Just beware, that the snare trigger is piezo/piezo for head and rim. Yamaha uses piezo for the head and switch for the rim.

You will use input 11 (DTX700 anyways) for the rim (that's a piezo input).

Waiting for another acoustic kit to do the conversion. Probably going with Hart Mesh heads also.

good luck....

Back