Drumming cartoons

DMC, never heard of steampunk - had to Wikipedia the term. Seems like I've unknowingly been a fan of it too. This one isn't drumming-related but it has a steampunk vibe about it:

comp_elderly-internet.jpg

My understanding of it (if i'm still "down with the hip kids", that is...) is that it's a style similar to something you might find in a H.G. Wells novel...

Sorry i don't have your pic any more :( thought it was time for a change of avatar though...

My understanding of it (if i'm still "down with the hip kids", that is...) is that it's a style similar to something you might find in a H.G. Wells novel...

Sorry i don't have your pic any more :( thought it was time for a change of avatar though...
That is so true! I work in the Automotive repair field and I have internet impaired customers that can't use the net to get what they want for their cars.
Tires, Brakes, Stereos, They just don't get the computer and the net.
I actually charge them to go on the net and find the things that they need!.
Even after I suggest that they can locate the items themselves if they go online!

Just this weekend alone, I ordered some parts for my Dishwasher, Some parts for my Oven/Stove, Some parts for my Oil Burner, Some Food from Stop & Shop via PeaPods, I made an appointment for a Haircut, I evan paid my bills! I did this over the net without ever leaving my Home, My Football games, And all of you wonderful drummers that I consider my best friends in the world!

Yes, the one child policy apparently resulted in a lot of Chinese men going abroad. But here, as a flatmate said to me almost ten years ago, "At our age they're either fixed up or f'd up".

Time to add another toon. This one was especially easy to draw:

yarts_john-cage-4.33.jpg

But, as they say, less is more ...

love it. i knows its months late but whatever.

Henri, welcome to the fun house mirror! Hope you like it :)

It's pretty basic, but I'm a bit rusty and need to sharpen up my chops ...

Attachments

• yarts_henri.jpg
    yarts_henri.jpg
    243.4 KB · Views: 1,084
Henri, welcome to the fun house mirror! Hope you like it :)

It's pretty basic, but I'm a bit rusty and need to sharpen up my chops ...

A bit rusty??? It's amazing, I love it, I recognized myself straight away, you're very, very good Polly, a million thanks to you and you'll have to look at it very often as from now on ;-))

Grea, I just asked my daughter who she thaught it was on that painting...

She said "It's youuu!!!" with big round opened eyes ;-))

She said "It's youuu!!!"

But of course, Henri - this is basically just a lot of mayhem done to three photos with various added elements. Hell, I can't actually draw this stuff ... I don't draw, I construct.

Glad you like it ... it looks a bit like your avatar ...

Ta Abe ... gettin' arty in my old age. Not enough to take art classes, but a bit

Hi Grea,

Our dearest Drummerworld Artist.

I want to join your "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Heart's Club Band and Fun House Mirror." Please can you make a cartoon out of me? I will attach few pictures...another avatar is coming on! :) :) :*)

Thanks!

Ian

Attachments

• Ian drums.jpg
    Ian drums.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 1,032
  • 04-07-11_114450.jpg
    04-07-11_114450.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 1,125
  • Ian´s kit.jpg
    Ian´s kit.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 1,013
Last edited:
Here's another guitarist to process ;-)

pics from a photo session with one of my custom babies (don't have any good drum pics and no full drumkit). Morph 'em if you wanna.
Tell me if the pics are crap, I'd look up some more. Not too many 'good' pics to choose from though, haha.

Attachments

• Arky before_1_sized.jpg
    Arky before_1_sized.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 927
  • Arky before_2_sized.jpg
    Arky before_2_sized.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 994
Oops, I have a backlog to clean up. Rest assured, guys, I will uglify you to my best ability and post the result here!

You know how sometimes post our flubbs in Your Playing? Well, here's what I consider my second flubb of this thread (the first being the caricature of Abe). I had this hare-brained idea of representing Phil - Resohead - as a human drum kit, with his face as a reso head.

IMO it has some appealing aspects but no cigar.

I wanted to send it to Phil in a PM but you can't add attachments in PMs and I couldn't be bother uploading it to my domain or starting a Photobucket account. So Flubb #2 on this thread (I have tons of flubbs on my cartoon website, which is has almost no CQ).

Attachments

• resohead1.jpg
    resohead1.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 940
I had this hare-brained idea of representing Phil - Resohead - as a human drum kit, with his face as a reso head.

Hehehe... very cool Polly, I reckon someone's gonna have a new avatar :))

I love the little wind and the red cheeks, lol.

Oops, I have a backlog to clean up. Rest assured, guys, I will uglify you to my best ability and post the result here!

You know how sometimes post our flubbs in Your Playing? Well, here's what I consider my second flubb of this thread (the first being the caricature of Abe). I had this hare-brained idea of representing Phil - Resohead - as a human drum kit, with his face as a reso head.

IMO it has some appealing aspects but no cigar.

I wanted to send it to Phil in a PM but you can't add attachments in PMs and I couldn't be bother uploading it to my domain or starting a Photobucket account. So Flubb #2 on this thread (I have tons of flubbs on my cartoon website, which is has almost no CQ).

Haha, ironically, I think you meant QC instead of CQ... :D

Back