Got bad medical news

Thank you, all. Pollyanna, they found it looking for an intestinal blockage, while running a CT Scan.

Crikey, doncha just love middle age? The heads wear, crap gets caught in the lugs and tension rods, the wrap dries out and is scarred from all the bumps, the cymbals lose their shine and get cracked ...

Thanks everyone for the remarks and positive vibes. There is no way to reverse this, but it can be monitored and surgery can pe performed to shore up the walls of the aorta to prevent a blowout as long as I catch it in time. I need to start really working on my blood pressure which has been too high the past few years.

Crikey, doncha just love middle age? The heads wear, crap gets caught in the lugs and tension rods, the wrap dries out and is scarred from all the bumps, the cymbals lose their shine and get cracked ...

LOL - I am just a worn out set of Slingerlands, with chrome coming off my lugs, dents in my 50 years old heads, bottom hoops missing - never to be found again, out of round shells, and God knows how many screws missing!

Last edited:
It can be fixed by a stent or a patch so be very diligent and watch the damned thing. Best wishes.

LOL - I am just a worn out set of Slingerlands, with chrome coming off my lugs, dents in my 50 years old heads, bottom hoops missing - never to be found again, out of round shells, and God knows how many screws missing!

I'm hearing you, Doc. Still, the old Slingerlands have pedigree on their side! Old kits like us end up spending as much time in the workshop as the bandstand.

just saw this and want to wish all the best to a brother in drumming! definitely think happy thoughts, and i hope all turns out well...

Sorry to hear the news, try and keep positive. I'm sure things will work out fine. Make sure you stay on top of it. Wishing you well.

Thinking of you man. It's hard but try not to let the stress levels get too high.

...and now they sound beautiful. Perhaps even more beautiful when they were brand new. The attack was too sharp back then, they were louder than they needed to be, and the chrome was way over buffed. Hurt the eyes.

...and now they sound beautiful. Perhaps even more beautiful when they were brand new. The attack was too sharp back then, they were louder than they needed to be, and the chrome was way over buffed. Hurt the eyes.

Oh, but they looked so nice in the music store windows! LOL - and all we wanted to do back then was slap some duct tape and some disgusting muffling devices on them, remove the resos - throw pillows in them, etc.

Thanks all, I appreciate the support and comments.

Back