Double Pedal Drive Shafts

wildbill

Platinum Member
Aftermarket. Does anyone know who makes them? I tried Google, and using the search function here, but not much comes up.

I'm trying to I.D. a drive shaft I've got. If I don't have luck with whatever you guys know of, I'll post a pic later.

Yep, thats the Axis shaft, its designed to fit pretty much any pedal out threre. If you want, I will gladly trade you the matching Yamaha shaft for your pedal for the Axis. :)

Here's a pic of the driveshaft I've got. Maybe someone knows what it is. The holes on the ends are a bit too big for the shafts. I'm thinking of maybe finding a small bushing or sleeve that'll do the trick.:

This is an AXIS UDS- first generation, the square block. Hold on to it. Its a little lighter than the new(er) round ones and smaller. Don't send it back to AXIS for rebuild either, they'll keep it and send you a round one, unless you clearly specify you want the square block back.

The cool thing about these square blocks (besides being lighter) is they'll fit in a PVC (1.5") tube for cartage, the round ones won't.

There may be slop w/screw open, but crank it down, the screw should bite and hold on the YAMAHA shaft.

If your AXIS UDS ever gets loose, let me know, I can help with the tightening procedure. Its not as easy as heating and cranking, you have to know which screws to crank and how much. I've learned through trial/error, trust me, you can screw it up if you don't know what you're doing.

Attachments

• Picture 3.png
    Picture 3.png
    176.9 KB · Views: 388
  • Picture 5.png
    Picture 5.png
    185.7 KB · Views: 379
Back