12 in Evans clear G2

If we encounter this issue overseas, we'll work with the local distributer to get a replacement sent. Your best course of action from the start is to go to the dealer that you purchased the head from.

In regards to the problem developing over time, this depends on the environment that the head is in, how much it moves around (friction building up static charge), etc.

If we encounter this issue overseas, we'll work with the local distributer to get a replacement sent. Your best course of action from the start is to go to the dealer that you purchased the head from.

In regards to the problem developing over time, this depends on the environment that the head is in, how much it moves around (friction building up static charge), etc.

I see, thanks for the reply :)

I don't know if I'm buying this "static charge" thing. I've gotten alot of dead heads over my 37 year span of playing. Mostly Remo, some Evans. Is it really "static charge" or something more? Why do some heads do it and others don't? How exactly would this happen after thre head leaves the factory? If every head that goes out the door is susceptible to this happening, that would be one heck of a crap shoot and nerve racking as a drum head manufacturer. If "static charge" is really the culprit and it can happen to heads after they leave the factory, I'm surprised that this isn't even more widespread. How can it be prevented? I read on here before that there was something you could do involving submersing the head in water to correct the problem and there was a video that was to follow showing this procedure. Any thoughts?

Couldn't you just rub both sides of the drum head with a drier sheet? those are supposed to remove static right? :p

Back