Zep Rock N Roll Cover

bizz

I put this up a couple days ago. I spend a lot of time on my mixes, way more than my playing LOL I'm starting to get close to getting the Bonham sound, the snare is almost there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clxTXm3tNbM

Thanks for watching!

That was pretty darn good. You nailed the ending for sure. Good job

You're hired!!!
dude.gif

Thanks for the kind words!!!!

You need to do a 180 on the top portion of your cymbal stands. The way you have it, the bottom of the cymbals will hit the top of your stand.

Also, pitch the snare up top and bottom... Bonham played in the jazz tuning range.

Nice!!

I hope you don't mind me saying, but Bonham ghosted eight notes with his left hand though the entire song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QM5NkLnVzVY

I learned the song that way, and it was very difficult for me to do. When I was starting to get better at it (good enough for gigs) I quit the band and haven't played it for a yr. So now I can't really do it well again.

Yea, but he (Bonham) also blew the ending and played way too many notes, not to mention he rushed the tune, and messed up several of the breaks...

��

And in the process, turned it into one of the most iconic and recognisable drum beats in rock history. :)

I'm with Freddy. Nothing wrong with pointing out the fact that, yeah it's good......but authenticating it, could always improve it. It doesn't take away from what's presented. More so it just lets him know that it could be a little bit more.

That said, good job nonetheless. Thanks for puttin' it up for us.

And in the process, turned it into one of the most iconic and recognisable drum beats in rock history. :)

I'm with Freddy. Nothing wrong with pointing out the fact that, yeah it's good......but authenticating it, could always improve it. It doesn't take away from what's presented. More so it just lets him know that it could be a little bit more.

Point....missed....lol....

My post was ONLY referring to the live version that was posted to show Bonham's left hand ghost notes.....

😆

No worries it’s all good, all the points made are very constructive
I’ve heard both that he ghosted and that he didn’t . On the SRTS footage he doesn’t appear to be. I never know which way to do it.

Back