New G-Series Pedal from Gibraltar

Some of the features are real nice, and it is engineered well, but it's just not my type. I saw one at the store, put my foot on it, played for 15 seconds, and then walked away. The chain just feels so heavy... very different to my Speed King.

Thanks, that's awesome, just what I wanted to hear!!! I'll have to get out and try one of these at some point, but it is good to know that they still haven't invented a perfect pedal, since I just bought one. It just looks so nifty...

I saw it online, and thought it looked nice. The video made it seem like a nice pedal too.
It LOOKS like a more Pro pedal from Gibraltar than their other stuff too.

I see stuff like this and still go "ooOOOOooohhh" like I used to, but (somehow), I'm able to control the BUYING these days haha!

I got into the ATLAS PRO single pedal last year, and it's a great one. Very well made, great features, super easy to get on/off the hoop, etc... but, ultimately, the floating spring action (spring moves with the mechanism like a DW9000) of it just didn't work for me, and I went back to my Eliminator pedal after about a month. I still think it's a great pedal though, just not the one for me.

I can do anything on the Eliminator, and it just feels right with my foot more than anything else. Can't argue with that!
I still want to try the G-Series pedal out though. It looks like a nice one.

Looks space age. Wish I could try one out.

- Reggae Mangle

I saw a G-series Hi-hat stand at the shop. I'm not sure if they have a few models, but the one I saw was lighter weight. Regular 3 leg design, so it felt real solid, but it didn't weigh a ton.
The foot board looks nice in person, but it's not really shiny (probably for some grip).
It would look cool really shiny, but the slightly duller finish didn't turn me off of it at all.

It was not quite a direct pull, but I didn't get down and examine it fully. I'm not in the market for this stuff at all, so I didn't spend much time, but it seemed like a good, sturdy piece of equipment.

Back