Axis VDL adjusting?

Steven P

Hello. I have had my axis a longboard for some time now and I can't adjust the vdl for some reason. I have tried loosening it but it just feels stuck. I have my VDL nearly at the top like it was to start off with. I'm just curious as to what it would feel like if I had it in the middle or so.

Thanks

most drummers set it in the middle. some say the setting higher up is for more power and all the way back down for speed. I am curious how it is stuck? more detail please. you should be able to turn with a key and slide it where you want.

most drummers set it in the middle. some say the setting higher up is for more power and all the way back down for speed. I am curious how it is stuck? more detail please. you should be able to turn with a key and slide it where you want.

I have no idea. I have the the silver version of this. http://www.rainbowguitars.com/imagesproduct/xs/xsalcb-xl-01.jpg

The one with the silver screw thingy. I have tried loosening it but it for some reason wont let me move it. Am I missing the trick or something? is there some special way to adjust it?

I have no idea. I have the the silver version of this. http://www.rainbowguitars.com/imagesproduct/xs/xsalcb-xl-01.jpg

The one with the silver screw thingy. I have tried loosening it but it for some reason wont let me move it. Am I missing the trick or something? is there some special way to adjust it?

You should be able to just loosen screw and then slide the part either fore or aft...maybe try a little wd-40 on it...I keep mine at about the 2/3-3/4 up mark...the farther back (i.e., down) you are on the slide the quicker the beater returns and the less power you have on forward stroke....

Last edited:
i keep mine at the top for speed... pairs up nicely with maxed out springs..

its probably been over tightened and scored the bar it slides on.... loosen it as much as you can and grease it up..... if it still wont move id try tapping it down with a punch or something. mine doesn't slide as much as it used too from over tightening it... but i don't want that sucker to move..

also. if you bought used some guys thread lock em so they stay put

the other thing you can do is call technical support at Axis. They may offer some good suggestion since they probably deal with these kind of things all the time with their pedals.
1-(310)549-1171

WD-40 WD-40 WD-40 WD-40 WD-40 WD-40 WD-40 WD-40 WD-40 WD-40 WD-40 WD-40 WD-40 WD-40 WD-40 WD-40 WD-40 WD-40 WD-40 WD-40 WD-40 WD-40 WD-40 WD-40

WD-40 loosens things but should NEVER be used as a lubricant as is dissipates and leaves joints bare. By all means use it to help free up a stuck joint but only if you intend to grease it properly afterwards.

I've seen many people ruin tools and car parts by relying on WD-40 instead of oil or grease to keep things good.

YES, got it. I just tapped a small block of wood with a hammer on the edge VERY lightly and it budged ^_^

Thanks anyways guys :)

I WIN!!!! hahaha jk... i had a feeling that would help... its been over tightened or thread locked i guess... my axis are burred up too... time to upgrade to the a21's :)

Back