The Heel Toe Thread

Re: Heel Toe

My Pedal is the most expensive thing on my kit. 350 p122tw double bass pedal amazing pedal i dont do heel toe i have a size 12 foot and im still growing.....

Slayer_metal_head said:
My Pedal is the most expensive thing on my kit. 350 p122tw double bass pedal amazing pedal i dont do heel toe i have a size 12 foot and im still growing.....

Read my previous posts
jammaster said:
The size of your feet isn't important, if your toe fits on the footboard you can play using heel-toe technique :)
!!!

I've tried the heel-toe technique, but my foot seems too big!!! HELP!

I'm a size 11.5 and I can't use my heel on the the pedal because my foot's too big.

Any tips or suggestions or has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks

Re: I've tried the heel-toe technique, but my foot seems too big!!! HELP!

what pedal are you using ?

Do an advanced search. There are already several threads on this.

I'm using a Tama Iron Cobra Jr. pedal.

Drummertist said:
I'm a size 11.5 and I can't use my heel on the the pedal because my foot's too big.

Any tips or suggestions or has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks

I think you should try out another, bigger pedal ´cause many of the new pedals are so small that you just can´t do the heel-toe. I use an old mapex and it´s great.

heel-toe technique

I just recorded some bass stuff using Jojo Mayers heel-toe technique. Click on the link below (it's the first video on the left of the page ) and tell me what you think.

http://www.myspace.com/inliber

P.S. - Is this the technique used to play fast singles on both feet?

Re: heel-toe technique

L20 said:
I just recorded some bass stuff using Jojo Mayers heel-toe technique. Click on the link below (it's the first video on the left of the page ) and tell me what you think.

http://www.myspace.com/inliber

P.S. - Is this the technique used to play fast singles on both feet?

Sounds like your getting it, just try to keep it steady and count, 1234. you will get it! do it everyday and when you get tence, stop and start over, good luck my friend!

Re: heel toe technique for bigfoot

skippy said:
ok you all no what they say about guys with big feet...they cant play the heel toe thing...so i have size 12 shoes and a dw 7000 pedal anyone who can help me leard this will be greatly admired...please help.
thanks in advance

skippy
NO I did not invent heel toe LOL
but I am the first one to have videos posted worldwide for drummers to learn this Simple technique and Now there are a Lot of videos showing heel and toe.
There is Nothing ballistic or Original about this technique it comes from tap dancing.
The WFD was kind enought to post a FREE tralier from my dvd and A LOT of drummers have learned the technique just from watching this trailer.
www.extremesportdrumming.com/wfdtv.htm
click on trailer fom Tims dvd
Hope this helps and God Bless
Tim
www.timwaterson.com

Rich said:
Hey Guy's, I have a size 12 shoe and have no problem with heel toe technique. I don't use this method all the time while playing however, I use the toe most of the time. If I am doing some solo work I will use heel toe and solo over top that. When I use heel toe I use Vruk Pedals. You can check them out at vrukpedals.com Take care and have fun!
Rich

Wow, I could really use those. Would you more experienced players consider this cheating?
Btw, im 15, only 5'9, and wear about a size 12 shoe, and im sitll growing, and I have Eliminators. The footboards just not long enough.

Try going to VRUKPEDAL.COM I think your feet will fit now! Rich

Re: whats the heel to toe method>?

Lots of posts around here about that, a think there's a couple videos as well, try using the search feature here, that will help alot. I personally don't use it, so I can't help you out much... but, yeah.

Re: whats the heel to toe method>?

http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6143&page=2&highlight=heel

jammaster said:
Originally Posted by jammaster

The basic idea is to generate the first "down"- stroke launched from your heel up position, generated from your knee, not your toes (important!).Followed by a 2nd " up"- stroke, generated by the calf. So your leg goes :
up-down, up-down,(bam-bam, bam-bam..).

It LOOKS's like a heel toe action but really it is kne (heel) -toe. That's the secret !

i pay lot's of attention to the way i feel when i play. Dont' squeeze. Be patient let it grow naturally...experiment,observe yourself, use your immagination, relax, relax, RELAX, be patient! It took me a long time to cultivate and master this technique, and as im trying to improve it's still a work in progress to this day..
Learning a new technique is like growing a rare tropical plant. It requires sensitivity and all the above more than just hours of mindless shedding...

To conclude : wathever you do with your feet, allways be aware of were your balance and center is. Try to stay balanced and relaxed, it's important to every aspect of your playing and it starts with the way you sit and your pedal work. It's easy to loose center when getting into that kinda' right foot stuff!

Good luck,
Jojo Mayer''

Also check out JoJo Mayer's video:
http://www.drummerworld.com/Videos/jojomayerbasss.html

Last edited:

Play barefoot or with socks
there is nothing worng with
that. I do it all the time. But
then again i wear a size 9.5.
But im also 14.

How much does it cost to get the heel thing onto ur pedal???

Back