Porter & Davies BC2 vs Gigster

Max1805

Hey folks, I was wondering if anyone here had any experience with either of these silent bass drum monitoring systems? I'm torn between the flagship model (BC2) or the smaller, more portable 'Gister' model.

If anyone could shed any light on the main differences between the two units that would be great... thanks :)

Hey folks, I was wondering if anyone here had any experience with either of these silent bass drum monitoring systems? I'm torn between the flagship model (BC2) or the smaller, more portable 'Gister' model.

If anyone could shed any light on the main differences between the two units that would be great... thanks :)

I own a Gigster and a BC2 rack mount.
I find the Gigster have all the features I need. The output is also the same.

The Gigster however does not come with a case, so you have to consider how you are going to transport it.

thx

jorn

I have read reviews that mentioned that the throne is not comfortable to sit on. What is you opinion?

I have both a tractor and a round seat. I find them very comfy. You cant feel the tactile device - feels just a normal stool. I am a big guy and would be compressing the seat more than most.

thx

jorn

I posted this sometime ago. You may it find helpful. http://drummerworld.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1021181&postcount=13

You may also find that entire thread useful as well. I really like my BC Gigster...not crazy about the name though!

As far as the differences between the BC2 and the Gigster, the BC2 has some additional features and of course the built in Anvil road case. Other features the BC2 has over the Gigster is switchable input voltage and phantom power for condenser microphones. You'll have to do a comparison of the technical specifications of each on the Porter & Davies webpage for specifics and decide for yourself if the additional features bring you value. If I had to do it all over again I'd probably but the BC2 as it is not that much more than the Gigster.

Last edited:
I have both a tractor and a round seat. I find them very comfy. You cant feel the tactile device - feels just a normal stool. I am a big guy and would be compressing the seat more than most.

thx

jorn

Do prefer the round or the tractor?

I am leaning towards the saddle seat with a back rest.

Back