pearl eliminator belt drive

I put the pearl belt on the eliminator and I love it.im going to switch to belt drive on all of them.anyone else done this yet?i should add that I also took the toe stop and the plate with the rubber pads off of the pedal.i also use a lightweight yamaha felt beater.this pedal feels so balanced and light now. I went to forks drum closet to buy three of the jojo mayer pedals.but with no assistance from them and the fact that the jojo pedal had many issues.i just bought a belt for the eliminator and started taking unnecessary stuff off of the pedal. I'm glad I did.

I have a DW9000 and that ships with the chain on and the strap as an included accessory. I had played direct drive pedals when I started, speedkings to be exact, then went to DW. Never tried a belt drive before and one day I switched the chain for the strap and wow what a difference. Liked the feel of it so much more, also switched out the 2 way DW beater for a round Danmar and that made a big difference. Playing direct drive pedals again but can not say enough about how much better the pedal felt using a strap instead of chain.

I use the belt on mine now too. Red cam on mine.
I changed them 3 or 4 months ago.
I shortened the belt like I did the chain because I like a little steeper angle on the foot board--but I wanted to keep everything else the same.
I shortened it about the length of the metal connector piece. I just cut it, re-drilled the holes, and screwed it back together.

I also have 3 Eliminators! I've played/owned several different pedals over the years, and the Eliminator has been "the one" that's done everything I've wanted my foot to do the smoothest and easiest feeling of anything.

I've tried the JoJo pedal too. It's nice, and light, but not for me. I do REALLY like the right side being open though. THAT is a cool feature!

I have a Yamaha pedal that came with both the chain and the belt and I've been using the belt drive since day one. Actually it was one of the main reasons that I bought that pedal. I also use the Tama Iron Cobra Flexi Glide pedal. I do own the Pearl Eliminator, but when I purchased it, it came with the chain drive.

Dennis

Back