Show off your TAMA !

If any of you dudes are looking for plates for your kits hit up SoCalMike. He just did one for me. It turned out fantastic.

Original:
032112KickPlate1web.jpg

Without (as I played it for almost a year):
032112KickPlate2web.jpg

And with the new plate:
032112KickPlate3web.jpg

Out front finished:
032112KickPlate5web.jpg

Closer shot:
032112KickPlate4web.jpg

Top side:
032112KickPlate6web.jpg

If any of you dudes are looking for plates for your kits hit up SoCalMike. He just did one for me. It turned out fantastic.

And with the new plate:
032112KickPlate3web.jpg

Thant looks great! I can't find a cover plate for my Mapex Meridian anywhere. I am going to ask SoCalMike to see if he could help me out with one.

Beautiful kits guys! Here are a few of my Tama kits,,,

ArtstarII

MetalMagic2.jpg

Granstar Custom

2octos2.jpg

Starclassic Select Walnut

2012-03-18_17-25-38_715.jpg

And with the new plate:
032112KickPlate3web.jpg

Thant looks great! I can't find a cover plate for my Mapex Meridian anywhere. I am going to ask SoCalMike to see if he could help me out with one.

Mike's work is great! He'll do awesome work for you too!

Let me know how it looks if you do get one - It's something I'll be looking to do when I get my Meridian in Cobalt Blue!

Let me know how it looks if you do get one - It's something I'll be looking to do when I get my Meridian in Cobalt Blue!

No worries. I will post pics when I get mine in.

So how far out are you from getting your kit?

Marko, have you thought about taking your plate to a trophy shop or something to get it engraved? I'm thinking about doing that when I get mine.

You Guys would have better luck finding a decal for those plates
I don't think they are thick enough to get them engraved but who knows never looked into that.........
The silver Yamaha plate has a nice stamp / paint don't know the correct name for it......
and the black, red and blue had another way that removed the Anodized finish to give you the text

DSCN7027.jpg

DSCN7335.jpg

My Bad I forgot this was the Tama thread.......

You Guys would have better luck finding a decal for those plates
I don't think they are thick enough to get them engraved but who knows never looked into that.........
The silver Yamaha plate has a nice stamp / paint don't know the correct name for it......
and the black, red and blue had another way that removed the Anodized finish to give you the text

DSCN7027.jpg

DSCN7335.jpg

My Bad I forgot this was the Tama thread.......

LOL! Those look great, Mike. I'm not too worried about mine being blank. Looks much better than the hole that was there for sure. I might try to find a dark grey Tama logo to keep it subtle or just keep it plain black. Either way it looks awesome.

LOL! Those look great, Mike. I'm not too worried about mine being blank. Looks much better than the hole that was there for sure. I might try to find a dark grey Tama logo to keep it subtle or just keep it plain black. Either way it looks awesome.

Thanks Mark...........

Sorry. I forget that every time I get a new one of these I have to post it here.....

Pretty flash, eh? A new 2011 Tama Starclassic Performer Limited Edition birch/bubinga kit in lacquered black oyster. 16x22 bass, 7x10, 8x12 rack toms, 14x16 floor tom, and my coveted 5x14 Stewart Copeland signature snare. I am lovin' these drums. Note the CHROME front reso head. I remember these were stock items back in the 80s when I got my first ever Tama, a cherry wood Superstar kit in 1984, and when the 80s went out, so did these. But the stock head that came with these Tamas was a yellow-ish fiberskyn, and that color just does not go with the black oyster and greys. I had to fix that!

Attachments

• Tamas.JPG
    Tamas.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 3,435
Sorry. I forget that every time I get a new one of these I have to post it here.....

Pretty flash, eh? A new 2011 Tama Starclassic Performer Limited Edition birch/bubinga kit in lacquered black oyster. 16x22 bass, 7x10, 8x12 rack toms, 14x16 floor tom, and my coveted 5x14 Stewart Copeland signature snare. I am lovin' these drums. Note the CHROME front reso head. I remember these were stock items back in the 80s when I got my first ever Tama, a cherry wood Superstar kit in 1984, and when the 80s went out, so did these. But the stock head that came with these Tamas was a yellow-ish fiberskyn, and that color just does not go with the black oyster and greys. I had to fix that!

oh my....YES !!!!!!!!!!

where did you find that chrome head ? i must have one.

sets your kit off PERFECTLY !!!

oh my....YES !!!!!!!!!!

where did you find that chrome head ? i must have one.

sets your kit off PERFECTLY !!!

I walked into a Guitar Center looking for a smooth white 22 Remo Powerstroke 3 (that they actually had - it was to be my original front reso head for the bass drum), and they had the chrome head on the wall. It's a Remo Starfire head. Remo still makes them, but they're rare and not everybody has them. I told them I'll buy the one on the wall, but they didn't want to lose their display head so he went rummaging around in the warehouse and they had ONE left. $40 and I was out the door. I took the smooth white PS3 too. Got 'em home, and used Cutex nail polish remover (with acetone) to take off the Remo logo, and then applied my own Tama decals I bought off a seller on eBay (he sold me five a long time ago). And voila! Instant new front resos!

I'm itching to put a mic inside the drum, so I may cut a hole in the white PS3 and use that when I want to record. What I should've done was get TWO of the chrome heads and cut a hole in one of them.....

Back