Double Quotes in a post

There's a little button to the right of the QUOTE button. You highlight text within a post and click it which copies it to your clipboard. Continue as needed.

When you get to the last thing you want to quote, click the big QUOTE button.

There's a little button to the right of the QUOTE button. You highlight text within a post and click it which copies it to your clipboard. Continue as needed.

It might work for you, but highlighting doesn't do anything for me...it just quotes the entire post.

When you get to the last thing you want to quote, click the big QUOTE button.

It might work for you, but highlighting doesn't do anything for me...it just quotes the entire post.

Wooooohoooo! I just tried it!
Click the button next to the big QUOTE button (to the right) and click it on who's post you'd care to quote, THEN you just click Reply to this thread or whatever and the quotes are already in there. :D
cool. I just discovered it today.

It all sort of adds up.

You don't need to highlight anything, and nothing gets copied to the clipboard. The multi-quote button quotes the entire post regardless of your highlightin' shenanigans.

I dont get it, whats a 1337 h4x0r?

Googling would've yielded an answer far quicker. Anyway, to show my 1337 g00g1ing 5ki112, here's a quote from Wikipedia dot org:

Wikipedia.org said:
Leet or eleet (Leet: l337, 3l337 or l33t, 3l33t ), also known as "leetspeak", is an alphabet used primarily on the Internet for the English language. It uses various combinations of ASCII characters to replace Latinate letters. The term is derived from the word "elite", and the usage it describes is a specialized form of symbolic writing. Different "dialects" or varieties of leet are found on different online forums.

Initially, the word l33t was used as an adjective, to primarily describe the behavior or accomplishments of others in the community, with “lame” being its antonym.[citation needed] In that usage leet generally carries the same meaning when referring to either the game prowess, n00b ownage, or, in original usage, hacking expertise of another person. From adjective form its use then expanded to include use as an expletive or interjection in reaction to a demonstration of the former qualities. With the mass proliferation of Internet use in the 1990s into the 21st century, Leet has since become a part of Internet culture and slang.[1] Leet may also be considered a substitution cipher, albeit with much variation from user to user.

Haxor, and derivations thereof, is Leet for "hacker",[14] and it is one of the most commonplace examples of the use of the -xor suffix. Suxxor (pronounced suck-zor) is a derogatory term which originated in warez culture and is currently used in multi-user environments such as multiplayer video games and instant messaging; it, like haxor, is one of the early Leet words to use the -xor suffix. Suxxor is a modified version of "sucks" (the phrase “to suck”), and the meaning is the same as the English slang. Its negative definition essentially makes it the opposite of roxxor, and both can be used as a verb or a noun.

The entire article can be found here. Check out my insane hyperlinking skillz, too!

Great Thread! I have learned more about working my computer from DW than any other source.
DW is like computer 101 for middle aged dummies like me! A year ago I could barely surf the web. Since I joined DW I have learned so much about working my computer that I find myself helping my middle aged friends who didn't grow up with computers either.
I see someone do something in a post on this site and it prompts me to learn how to do it and try it.
My friends think that I'm a genius!

Back