Custom drum throne companies

Davo-London

Gold Member
Folks

I want a new throne. With a backrest.

I figure I want a decent one and would love to have a custom drum throne with backrest, ie not Tama or RocNsoc or DW or Pearl but some unknown drum throne company that produces fancy but also excellent drum thrones.

I've tried googling but I'm having no luck.

Are there any custom drum throne companies in UK or USA or anywhere?

Cheers
Davo

Don't know of any other than DRUM FRAME, but you need a small fork lift to move them around.

Attachments

• Picture 4.png
    Picture 4.png
    67.9 KB · Views: 4,211
I love my Gibralter. Well, not actually love it but like it a lot. I LOVE my wife and kids.

Don't own one, but have looked at and sat on the Ford throne a bunch of times at the shop.

The construction and everything is great and it's probably worth the high cost, but...that's a lot of cheese for a throne.

The solid throne IS important, and the Ford seat IS comfortable (and would probably last years and years), but it's more money than a lot of really great snares too....

[ QUOTE=Davo-London;749593]Does your Gilbraltar have a backrest? i.e. 9608MB

Davo[/QUOTE]

Yes, can be used with or without. When I first bought it the back was not included and had to be ordered seperately. This is the best shot I have.

drum picks 007.jpg

the gibraltar back rest is the same one used on the roc-n-soc thrones. but my vote would be for the r.n.s. nitro with a back rest. best throne i ever sat on.

Soundseat is the name I was looking for. I tried to get them to put the big Gretsch G on the backrest but would not because of copyright issues.

Don't own one, but have looked at and sat on the Ford throne a bunch of times at the shop.

The construction and everything is great and it's probably worth the high cost, but...that's a lot of cheese for a throne.

The solid throne IS important, and the Ford seat IS comfortable (and would probably last years and years), but it's more money than a lot of really great snares too....

Have you checked out the Silverstone thrones on www.drumthrones.co.uk ?
Leather and memory foam...........none of the plastic vinyl all the other throne manufactuers use.

My new one is pictured in my avatar. I have to be very careful not to screw up because something about this throne seems to encourage extreme punishments...

Yes but why would anyone with a brain pay £350 for a throne made in vinyl? why
Are Ford having a laugh?

Are Ford having a laugh?

Well, vinyl, leather... as long as it was durable enough to use for years and years, that's what would matter to me.
There's lower quality leather out there that make vinyl a better choice (if you knew what you were looking at in the material) in some cases.

Of course, it really makes no difference. Even though it IS comfortable, I wouldn't ever pay that much for a throne-- it's in the "stupid expensive" range on an item like that IMO.
A good throne is important, but I've had no problems with the one's I've ever owned (Yamaha, Roc-n-Soc, Tama, Pearl) that don't cost 400 bucks.

Are Ford having a laugh?

I was about to buy one of those silverstone thrones, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get a throne with a backrest via the website.

Back