Small Cheap E-Drumpad for Travel?

Lovetadraw

So here's the deal, my exbandmates moved to Texas. I live in Pennsylvania. It's why we broke up. They want me to visit them for a few days this summer and I'm on the hunt for a small electric drum pad for about 100$ (cheaper the better). As long as it can fit in a suitcase and makes recognizable drum sounds, I don't really care.

I'm woefully ignorant about e-drums and stuff so forgive me. He has some old amps that I'll be able to use so that's not a problem.

Thanks in advance to anyone who lends some help. :)

The Yamaha DD-45 is discontinued, but Bananas Music still has them in stock for $100. I own one and it's not too bad. The one limitation is that you can only plug in a pedal for the kick drum, not the hi-hat, so you have to choose between an open or closed hi-hat. Also, my unit did not include a pedal, but on Bananas website they list one as being included. Even if you would have to purchase that separately, they can be found for $15 or less.

The Alesis PercPad is small, cheap ($99) has 4 pads and a pedal input, and has 25 assignable sounds including "electronic" kicks & snares (no cymbals though.)

For an extra $100, the Alesis Sample Pad lets you load your own sounds from an SD card (about 3min of sound in mono files, should be plenty for basic drums & cymbals.)

Those are the best deals going on a small, self-contained, inexpensive unit, unless you can find a used Roland SPD-S for cheap, but still probably won't be close to $100.

Bermuda

The Alesis PercPad is small, cheap ($99) has 4 pads and a pedal input, and has 25 assignable sounds including "electronic" kicks & snares (no cymbals though.)

For an extra $100, the Alesis Sample Pad lets you load your own sounds from an SD card (about 3min of sound in mono files, should be plenty for basic drums & cymbals.)

Those are the best deals going on a small, self-contained, inexpensive unit, unless you can find a used Roland SPD-S for cheap, but still probably won't be close to $100.

Bermuda

+1, I bought the percpad and really like it............it does have a limited amount of sounds, but works great for me.

I used to have a Roland SPD-8. They are about 250 used. I used to take it to band practice, and used it for gigs in small rooms even. They are from around 1990, so the toms are pretty 80's sounding, but I got a lot of miles out of mine. Has inputs for hi hat and kick drum.

I actually took my "drum kit" to band practice on my motorcycle a couple times.

Thank you all so much. :) That PercPad looks like it'll do the job. Thanks!

I got the PercPad, it's great Thanks so much guys. I can use my old Rock Band pedal for the kick even! It's great! I can't thank you guys enough!

Back