To invest, or not to invest?

Dipschmidt

That is the question. So I'm 100$ short of being able to buy the Trick Dominators (I believe its $612 after tax...) and I'm wondering if I should invest in these double pedals. I'm playing Iron Cobras right now and I loved them at first, and I still like them, but they're starting to get on my nerves for various reasons. From what I've read everyone who has had the Pro1v's loves them, and the Dominators are basically Pro1v's for a cheaper price. Should I buy them? Now if I were to buy them, I would trade them in with my iron cobras to get at least $150 off, but is it really worth it? I've always wanted a longboard and a direct-link pedal, so I'm kind of pushing myself towards getting them. The thing is, if I didn't get them, I would be able to buy brand new resonant heads for my self, and if I wanted to, a 100th anniversary black magic snare drum. So, what's your call? Obviously, a longboard would make it easier to do heel toe, which is what I'm using now, and I like how with direct-links, the footboard is what makes the beater rebound, and vice-versa. (the beater makes the footboard come back up.) Well, hopefully someone can help me with this decision, thanks. :p

To me $600 for a double pedal just seems waaaaaaaay too much. I know there are guys on here that love them but sorry that price is just insane. Have you checked e-bay or craigslist?
Also have you looked at the yamaha direct drives at all? Or even Axis?

In the end it's your hard earned money. Only you can decide if it's the right pedal for you or if you would be better served getting new heads and possibly a new snare.

Just out of curiosity have you played them and compared them to other pedals?

To me $600 for a double pedal just seems waaaaaaaay too much. I know there are guys on here that love them but sorry that price is just insane. Have you checked e-bay or craigslist?
Also have you looked at the yamaha direct drives at all? Or even Axis?

In the end it's your hard earned money. Only you can decide if it's the right pedal for you or if you would be better served getting new heads and possibly a new snare.

Just out of curiosity have you played them and compared them to other pedals?

Axis pedals would be just as much, and I've tried axis, I can't stand them. But when the issue of price comes up, with these pedals, or from what I've heard about them, you really get what you pay for. And no, I fooled around with the Yamaha direct-link one for oh, I don't know, about 5 seconds. It seems reeeaaally smooth when I tried it, so when I go back to the store I'll test it out in comparison to the pro1v they have and their axis, even though I hate axis, I'll give them another shot, but I'll have to adjust them first. They don't have the Dominators in yet, but I emailed Trick percussion and they said they will get them around Feburary 1st.

And no luck on ebay... I don't think any of the stores have the Dominators in stock, maybe guitarcenter would have them, but probably at their warehouse. The only reason why I don't want to order online is because at my local store (rupp's drums) they do trade ins, so I'd be able to get $200 off the dominators if I traded them in for my Iron Cobras.

I would even save a little more and get the trick pro 1 v, they are far the best pedals in my experience. I recently sold yamaha's new dfp9500d for the tpro 1 v. And i am not regretting the decision atall. The yamaha's are alot cheaper but i would wait and get the pro 1 v.

You will never buy another pedal again.

I would even save a little more and get the trick pro 1 v, they are far the best pedals in my experience. I recently sold yamaha's new dfp9500d for the tpro 1 v. And i am not regretting the decision atall. The yamaha's are alot cheaper but i would wait and get the pro 1 v.

You will never buy another pedal again.

That means I would have to save up another $200+, and the only thing the Pro1v has that the Dominator doesnt is the slide-hoop clamp, the stroke adjustment, and different beaters (I like the look of the Dominator's beaters, plus, they're heavier which is what I like), which to me, isn't worth the extra $200. Plus, the black paint looks nice on those dominators!

Back