Steve Holmes

LDGuy

Pioneer Member
... the founder of www.houseofdrumming.com , this guy has pretty phenomenal technique. Very cool player.

Unfortunately, there isn't much on the net of his, but thankfully there is some on houseofdrumming. http://www.houseofdrumming.com/dvdpromo.mov is a cool one, with some very tasty playing, and a ridiculous groove on the hihat - damn, that's sooooo refined.

But i'd love to see him added to drummerworld. I reckon it would boost a lot of knowledge of him and all the peeps over at teh forum would be pretty pleased... lol.

http://www.houseofdrumming.com/meplay.htm

Re: Steve Holmes...

I agree LDGuy! Check out the "simple groove" he lays down during the lesson related to the "Blushda." It is a great half-time shuffle, a little Rosanna, with a little extra groove at the end.

His dvd is great, but too short! I want to drum like Steve so badly, but I just can't "watch" this style of drumming without sitting down with the guy and picking it apart. I love his drumming style and aspire to drum just like this.

His website, House of Drumming is simply amazing!

Blushda 'til you Bleed!

Stu

have to agree with all of you guys his playing is so fine and loose, he makes things look so easy but once you get behind your kit that's where you realise that it needs a bit more skill to get close to what he's doing

His dvd is great, but too short! I want to drum like Steve so badly, but I just can't "watch" this style of drumming without sitting down with the guy and picking it apart. I love his drumming style and aspire to drum just like this.

His website, House of Drumming is simply amazing!

Blushda 'til you Bleed!

Stu
I hope he does another DVD....
You can tell Vinnie and Dave's licks are religously part of his pratice routine....

Another really good M.I. woodshedder....I think he went there the same time as Phil Maturano...

*blows off dust*
Resurrecting this old topic for potential specific questions. I've had a few emails since I signed up here at DW so I thought I would bump this topic instead of starting a new one.

RE another video, I would like to do one when the time is right, perhaps this year. However with the internet and video specifically getting more accessible, the amount of free information is at an all time high which is great for us, but it has it's affect on the DVD market as well. We shall see. I definitely have some specific ideas I'm eager to share though.

In the meantime thanks Bernhard for all the time put into DW, one can only speculate how many young drummers it has enlightened. It's really priceless.

In the meantime thanks Bernhard for all the time put into DW, one can only speculate how many young drummers it has enlightened. It's really priceless.

Hi Steve! Loved your dvd, you are so inspiring to watch.. Thank you for sharing!

RE another video, I would like to do one when the time is right, perhaps this year. However with the internet and video specifically getting more accessible, the amount of free information is at an all time high which is great for us, but it has it's affect on the DVD market as well. We shall see. I definitely have some specific ideas I'm eager to share though

Well stay active here man and keep us updated on whats happening with Altered....

Just wanted to say I'm another fan of your House of Drumming site. I love your videos where you're demonstrating all the triplet stuff, and I copy that stuff all the time. I've also downloaded so much Vinnie stuff from that site (not that I can copy any of THAT, but it's sure fun to listen to!) Everybody should check out the site if they've never been there. Thanks!

Hey Steve , Welcome back. Great, fun little lick. You have a big imagination. I'm stealing this lick for my next solo :)

Back