AXIS AL-2 Double pedal Beater Angle Problem

Hey guys. I'm trying to set my beater angle to 18.5cm from the head, like george kollias, just to see how it feels. Once again, like always, the slave side won't do it. It will go to 18.5, but after one hit, it begins to slip and move forward. Maybe 18.5cm is too much for it? The main side can hold it fine but just not the slave. What do you guys think?

Also, just to make sure I'm not f*cking up, how do you guys measure the beater distance? I simply measured from the center of the beater head to the batter head.

Thanks! Keep drumming
-Chase

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    681.1 KB · Views: 930
Last edited by a moderator:
I think the measurement would be in terms of the distance travelled by the beater in an arc. Is that 18.5 cm? It looks awfully close to the drum head and Kollias has the beater quite far back... But I can't figure out the reason behind the issue you're experiencing, with the slave moving forward. Does it do that at other distances as well? Could be some kind of bearing/loose nut problem somewhere, shouldn't be too difficult to fix.

Try setting it further back and see if it ends up where you want it? Also make sure the angle between the slave pedal and the driveshaft is the same as the angle between the main pedal and the driveshaft or you get problems.

I put it back farther to see if it'd go into place, and after one hit the spring or the mechanism clicked (can't tell) and it just poppped back like always. defective?

Are you moving the slave pedal around after setting the beater? That would cause it to shift. Otherwise, bang on, seems like some kind of defect, but not a difficult one to fix. Call up Axis Percussion and ask them.

- Reggae Mangle

Last edited:
Too bad Axis won't return or answer my calls/messages. I'm honestly incredibly frustrated. Now I can't even play my slave side because it pops constantly.

Too bad Axis won't return or answer my calls/messages. I'm honestly incredibly frustrated. Now I can't even play my slave side because it pops constantly.

Did you mess with the set screws at the bottom of the Aux beater arm (#12)?

If you have not, don't, if you did, that's most likely your problem.

Attachments

• Picture 5.png
    Picture 5.png
    87.4 KB · Views: 786
Did you fix the problem? I have the exact same problem and its annoying me, every time i move the beater angle back it slots forward after one hit

Did you fix the problem? I have the exact same problem and its annoying me, every time i move the beater angle back it slots forward after one hit

Maybe the screw on the spring that lets you adjust footboard/beater angle is not tight enough. Mine does the same thing unless I tighten it ridiculously tight

Back