What's your latest purchase?

My latest purchase is peripherally drum related. We moved and my new home has a huge unfinished basement-that will contain my new drum room. So it's a nested purchase too-cause now I gotta buy all the stuff to build my drum room. The last pic is where I tentatively set up the kit.

Attachments

• IMG_0089.jpeg
    IMG_0089.jpeg
    328.8 KB · Views: 572
  • IMG_0090.jpeg
    IMG_0090.jpeg
    319.3 KB · Views: 574
  • IMG_0091.jpeg
    IMG_0091.jpeg
    336.3 KB · Views: 588
  • IMG_0092.jpeg
    IMG_0092.jpeg
    238.5 KB · Views: 579
My latest purchase is peripherally drum related. We moved and my new home has a huge unfinished basement-that will contain my new drum room. So it's a nested purchase too-cause now I gotta buy all the stuff to build my drum room. The last pic is where I tentatively set up the kit.

Sweet! Are you doing the whole soundproofing/room-within-a-room thing or just giving yourself space to do your thang?

"Sweet! Are you doing the whole soundproofing/room-within-a-room thing or just giving yourself space to do your thang?" I'm thinking a room-within-a room thang. Except the flooring, that I plan to make sturdy-the sides and room itself I think I can make fairly lightweight-going to try isolation by suspension and try noise cancellation by funneling sound escape points to interfere with each other-and also muffling mass (which can be light weight). Applying noise cancellation theory seems easier than trying to prevent noise escaping.

"Survival Guide for the Modern Drummer"

The 100+ backing tracks alone will make this a great deal. I like that the book provides a few basic groves and builds on them with added accents, ghost notes, additional hats, etc. And even has various fill suggestions, explanations. And he goes over the form of songs. It seems very simplified yet still years of practice material. Its somewhat daunting actually! I'm just gonna start with the extremely simple pop grooves on the first page with the first 4 tracks and just vary them in all possible ways and try and get a good ear for combining drums with the "band". Unfortunately my roland kit cant deal with rim shots, buzz rolls, or ride bell :(

I think I did pretty well for $280!!

If you didn't automatically identify these beauties they are:
18" Zildjian Breakbeat
20" Zildjian K Dry Light ride

I finally have found the perfect cymbals!! I only use 2 at a time so I am set as soon as I find some hats to go with!

Attachments

• IMG_20180203_190759626.jpg
    IMG_20180203_190759626.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 545
These two. Bought them at NAMM on a last day steal and couldn't figure out why I didn't own something like this before.
I already have a small toolbox with most of these things in it. Now I have it in one small deal.

The T handle key is a God send. Used it this very weekend in fact.

Attachments

• drum tool.jpg
    drum tool.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 500
  • drum tool key.jpg
    drum tool key.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 505
Picked up a Ludwig Standard kit in blue strata off craigslist, in fairly poor shape, as a restoration project in preparation for a White Album show where I'm the house Ringo. 22/12/13/14/16, with Rogers Swiv-O-Matic mounts for the rack toms.

So far I've disassembled the kick drum, polished up all the hardware with some Mothers Mag & Aluminum polish and fine-grit steel wool, shone up the wrap with TurtleWax, reassembled, and given a once-around with high gloss ArmorAll. The 16 will be reassembled tonight, and I'll get started on the 13 to have the Ringo kit ready for March 23rd.

26866361_780112758848289_2666374645782937600_n.jpg

I'm going to use this kit quite a bit as a 22/12/14/16, or as a 20/12/14/16 with my Rogers Holiday kick.

Singleflamm....that green Unix snare is beautiful!! I gotta stop looking at these threads, drool is apparently not so great for keyboards.

Singleflamm....that green Unix snare is beautiful!! I gotta stop looking at these threads, drool is apparently not so great for keyboards.

Got that right. The way the natural wood grain pops is just a work of art. Much like the drums Outlaw makes from raw wood.

1991 TAMA Rockstar DX
10,12,14,16 rack toms 18 floor and 2x22 kicks
Yea thats the super rare 16x15 rack tom

Also grabbed a Paiste Signature 20" Power Ride

Attachments

• IMG_6746.JPG
    IMG_6746.JPG
    322.1 KB · Views: 324
  • Signature-Power-Crash-20-2.jpg
    Signature-Power-Crash-20-2.jpg
    461.9 KB · Views: 290
Last edited:
This DW Tiger Finish kit, from the estate of Mitch Mitchell. Came with a Slingerland snare drum, full complement of hardware, and Zildjian cymbals. It doesn't appear that Mitch ever played it, since it still has the DW heads with not a mark on them. It's the first kit I've bought myself since the first kit I bought myself some five years ago when I first started taking lessons and playing.

Attachments

• IMG_1491.jpg
    IMG_1491.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 861
1991 TAMA Rockstar DX
10,12,14,16 rack toms 18 floor and 2x22 kicks
Yea thats the super rare 16x15 rack tom

Also grabbed a Paiste Signature 20" Power Ride

Hmmm. Nice deep power toms! I love them! It's funny that so many people despise them because they sound so good.

This DW Tiger Finish kit, from the estate of Mitch Mitchell. Came with a Slingerland snare drum, full complement of hardware, and Zildjian cymbals. It doesn't appear that Mitch ever played it, since it still has the DW heads with not a mark on them. It's the first kit I've bought myself since the first kit I bought myself some five years ago when I first started taking lessons and playing.

You lucky dog!
That's a rare Rosewood exotic finish kit with the mini lugs reserved mostly for endorsers.
I have this 6.5x14 Rosewood snare and it's not going anywhere!

Attachments

• dw rosewood copy a.jpg
    dw rosewood copy a.jpg
    693.2 KB · Views: 855
Atlas Pro Pedals.. ... .. ..... .!

Attachments

• IMG_6926.jpg
    IMG_6926.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 858

Wow that is a nice kit with a good pedigree.

Congrats !

Ludwig Heirloom 5.5x14 stainless steel.
Superb drum. Crisp, extremely sensitive, power and cut when you want it. The stock Remo Ambassador heads are very nice, although I prefer a Ludwig Weathermaster snare side.

Attachments

• my 5.5x14 ludwig heirloom ss.jpg
    my 5.5x14 ludwig heirloom ss.jpg
    491.8 KB · Views: 811
Back