Aquarian Heads?

SweetRide

Hey so Its getting to be about time for some new heads. I play Remo Coated Emporers over Remo Clear Emporers normally, but ive always wanted to try aquarian heads. Can someone explain the Aquarian family to me? I mean like the names of the heads and what the differences are.

Aquarian has a great site.
It took me a while to find the chart when I first visited.

Aquarian has a great site.
It took me a while to find the chart when I first visited.

Im probably gonna be looking at getting a new resonant kick head(just recently got an emad batter), a new snare batter, and new tom batters.

Should i go by what the website suggest for hard rock?

That would be a good chart to follow for hard rock.
Use the comparison chart at the bottom of the page to see the comparable heads from Remo and Evans.
I find Aquarian heads to be of excellent quality.
They have the best coated heads in my opinion.
They have many unique heads also.\
Take your time and read about all of their heads.

Experiment and have fun.

Im probably gonna be looking at getting a new resonant kick head(just recently got an emad batter), a new snare batter, and new tom batters.

Should i go by what the website suggest for hard rock?

Pretty much... You could try a combo of hard rock and classic rock.
The Super Kick series is very popular. One of those heads combined with a Regulator head should give you a great sound from your kick without having to stuff a mattress in there at all.
Both snare head suggestions are good places to start; snare heads can be so personal though.
One of the best things about Aquarian is that if you call their number - (714) 632-0230 - you will talk to a very knowledgeable person that can answer any question you have about their products.

I have used a few of their models and I have never gotten a bad drumhead from them yet. The satin texture coated for my snare is by far my favorite head for that drum. The Superkick 3, has been a great bass drumhead. I always try different heads, but I always seem to drawn to Aquarian.

I've fallen in love with their Modern Vintage heads, which has really made me look more closely at the rest of their offerings. The biggest stumbling block is I don't find the differences in their various lines as easy to decipher as Remo or Evans, but that probably speaks more to my unfamiliarity with their products than any intentional ambiguity on their part.

So far I love the sound of their heads and I think they really make a high quality product.

Their Regulator resonant head is really great. I haven't really found a whole lot more to be excited about with Aquarian; their Super 2's were pretty ok, but each person has to find their sound. I'd say give 'em a whirl.

This video might help you too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ot31HbyOlWE

:)

Back