Troll Control.

Harry, you may have also forgotten his Mad Max persona. How many threads were erased over that persona? Or how about White Drummer and his racial phobias?

Both those persona's slipped by me, which is why I comment "only" on the 3 ... ( Just , Tommy , and Stick) ...

umm... not correct on any of it.

i haven't taken an english class in 20 years.
i have 2 brothers, neither of which i was at their wedding and not married to a blond.... and i can't dance to save my life
my car is silver and has all it's hubcaps.
i have no black and white photos, i'm a novice drummer at best. i'm actually a guitarist and singer and if i was to turn pro it would be in one of those 2 areas. and i hate having my picture taken by anybody so chances are it isn't out there.
performance art well..... i duno maybe. since music can be classified as a performance art well then thats just obvious really.
my name is andrew not.... aryelle? where's that even from anyway? oh, and i'm a guy not a chick.....
i don't hide any information about myself or try to avoid giving details, i'm just to lazy to type it out for no reason. hell i've given out my phone number at the drop of a hat to a troll just to yell at them in person, but alass they never called. why is it they never call? i feel so unloved.....

i've delt with many people like him and a lot worse, unfortunately i won't hide and i'm the type that would just as soon deal face to face then on a forum. i probably have a better idea of whats going on then most of the people on this board as far as trolls go.

all i'm saying is this is not the right context to be doing this and is just going to fuel it when he does come back and this is no better then what he was doing. you have this concern you shoulda sent an email to bernhard and let him make a public post about what he wants the community to do. and as i feel this is a completely inappropriate way to handle these issues i'm not gonna comment on this thread anymore.

but hey that's just my opinion right?

Yep it's your opinion, but unfortunately its an uniformed one and with inappropriate and misplaced attitude attached. You obviously don't get what's been going on which makes your lecture the only thing here truly out of bounds. And I'm certainly not going to apologize for putting a stop to 3 absurd years of foolishness, relentless invasions and general idiocy.

A couple of points---Aryelle is a male name in many parts of the world.

And yes I was already pretty sure MOST of that did not apply to you. The reason I performed that experiment was to demonstrate how these incidents often begin with trolls who think they have a grudge when often it is a case of mistaken identity. For example, I cannot tell you how many times for example a troll has confused me with a guitar player named Matt Smith. That info was gathered from other azare1 usernames around the Internet where we give up so much personal information without even thinking twice. Did you know for example there is a photo sharing Internet site that features a drummer with a azare1 username?

There's also a kid who loves drums from the Phillipines named azare1 who I am more than positive has posted here under still yet another name. I would bet the farm he's the one who posted he didn't do his English homework on a Twitter account that was also posted all over the web.

The Internet isn't this little cutsey school boy issue anymore. In the 3D world much of this behavior would be considered criminal activity.

And I think its high time that some start to get that.

Gotta travel.

I'm not entirely sure what to make of trolls. Sometimes it is funny, but sometimes, if you smack a troll hard enough, they find a way to mess with you at 3 in the morning. For guys like me (I have kids, a wife and I have a fairly high profile profession outside of drumming), I can't have nonsense from guys like Mark. I've already had one guy on here start stalking the crap out of me, calling me at 3 in the morning, calling my office and harassing my secretary, etc. I've removed all personal info from my profile, but someone could probably figure out who I am easy enough. A good number of people on this forum, Matt, Steamer, Jay and others know who I am in real life and a few people have even come to shows. All that being said, guys like Mark make it a little dangerous to have a real life name associated with you on a site if you have anything at all to lose.

And Matt has something to lose. So do a lot of these other guys on here. They have pro careers to defend. I agree with Matt that these guys have to be dealt with firmly. Its to all of our benefits that guys can come on here and impart knowledge, even if it isn't what everyone wants to hear. I've shared the stage with a lot of touring pros over the last year and none of them will post on an internet site because of trolls etc. Two of the best drummers I have ever seen play are young and upcoming guys. They don't come anywhere near drumming sites because of people like Mark.

Anyway, if I was a little rough with Mark in the Troll Playing thread and it offended you guys, I apologize. I was trying to do 2 things. First, I can't stand a bully and when he started slamming other players, many of whom I respect greatly, I was almost compelled to respond. Second, I wanted to bring him to a point where he would explode and get banned so I wouldn't have to listen to his crap any more. Maybe I was wrong in what I did but I thought I was doing it for the right reasons.

Anyway, if I was a little rough with Mark in the Troll Playing thread and it offended you guys, I apologize. I was trying to do 2 things. First, I can't stand a bully and when he started slamming other players, many of whom I respect greatly, I was almost compelled to respond. Second, I wanted to bring him to a point where he would explode and get banned so I wouldn't have to listen to his crap any more. Maybe I was wrong in what I did but I thought I was doing it for the right reasons.

The way I saw it, you did nothing more than stand your ground and call some dubious actions to account. Fair enough response from any reasonable man I'd argue, Average.

Hey all, I have this one last thing to say.

Forget about it!
We are still here and he is gone!

Don't look back and try to justify things that were said and done.

That's it!
The end!

ok i'll comment one more time.

my attitude is not missplaced in the least. i don't take stalking trolls lightly in the least. have i been known to give out personal info to them and wait outside my house? yes i have. if you have any inclinations of somebody stalking you the worst thing you can do is to take to a public forum and make yourself a target, which is why i find this a bit inappropriate. which is also why i said it should be taken up privately with bernhard and let him handle it. if people find out personal information and start calling you at all hours of the night call the police and let them handle it, thats their job. all this is doing is fueling the fire, so yeah, let it go. i don't disagree with your stance that people need to take a stance and not let these guys walk all over them but wouldn't you agree you need to take the appropriate actions and let the people best suited to deal with it, deal with it? instead of the vigilantie approach and cuase yourself more troubles?

how ironic...

a whole thread dedicated to trolling a banned troll. isn't publicly bashing another person against the rules here?

I think the rules apply to how you should treat other members. This person is no longer a member and has worked hard to earn his contempt.

Mark was banned after an interaction I had with him a few years ago. He is a particularly toxic personality type.

Perhaps we're missing a trick here. Instead of banning them, how about opening up a trolls only section. They're banned from the main site, & we can't interact with them, but they can throw insults between themselves as much as they like. Kinda like a Drummerworld padded cell therapy room. Once they've shown they can have a calming influence over the other trolls, they can enter the main site again.

This would provide great entertainment for the rest of us, and show our compassionate side by offering rehabilitation. We could call it the Drumgeon.

The bodybuilding.com forum has a de facto version of that, the misc section. In there nobody lifts weights, visits to other sections of the forum are rare, and it's probably the funniest/stupidest forum on the entire internet.

This could work.

Back