My Ludwig Classic Maple Adventure - Round 3

May the rhythms that eminate from your new drum kit bring you many sexual partners.

Hah! I wonder what my wife would think of that little unintended consequence. ;)

Thanks all. Just got done w/ a little jam session w/ a guitar player friend and we were both blown away...they're amazing sounding drums. I'm thrilled!

Really nice drums. They look like they should be in a Vegas club! Smart economizing using one stand for so much. I like the retro badges and that shows attention to detail. Also pleased to hear about your good experience with this dealer. Sometimes it seems like the music retail industry has more douchebags than Walgreen's.

Let's get together and jam soon. I want to hear those Ludwigs.

Last edited:
Really nice drums. They look like they should be in a Vegas club! Smart economizing using one stand for so much. I like the retro badges and that shows attention to detail. Also pleased to hear about your good experience with this dealer. Sometimes it seems like the music retail industry has more douchebags than Walgreen's.

Let's get together and jam soon. I want to hear those Ludwigs.

Definitely like the retro appeal (sound-wise as well!) You were the inspiration for the hardware minimizing, of course. After your threads I realized how pointless it was to set everything up on its own stand. I can set these babies up in just a few minutes now.

Shane did a killer job! He's definitely not a douche bag. :p

We should definitely do another drum jam soon!

I like your dw hardware set up it's very interesting. I have a similar set up with the dw double tom mount except I ended up getting a dw tom mount for my rack tom so I could use their mount. I think they are 1/2 inch thick. I have a puppy bone on the other tom mount holding a splash next to my hi-hats. On my ride side I have ride on a boom stand with a dogbone on the end of it holding another boom for my right hand crash.

I like your dw hardware set up it's very interesting. I have a similar set up with the dw double tom mount except I ended up getting a dw tom mount for my rack tom so I could use their mount. I think they are 1/2 inch thick. I have a puppy bone on the other tom mount holding a splash next to my hi-hats. On my ride side I have ride on a boom stand with a dogbone on the end of it holding another boom for my right hand crash.

Thanks. Yeah, I did something similar w/ the old 8.5mm Ludwig mount for my old kit. I pulled out one of the 12.5mm ball-socket arms and put in a Ludwig 8.5mm. At a glance, they looked identical and it allowed me to avoid adding weight. I might do the same w/ the new 10.5mm but I'd have to buy another ball-arm, since this Tama one that I have is too small of a ball to fit inside of the socket on the DW stand. It doesn't tighten up.

On the plus side, I have another Dogbone that I'm not using and could add my 10" splash back on to the extra arm, if I wanted.

My only complaint is the weight. Moving drums is a snap but these DW 9900 tom stands weight a frickin' ton. They're the worst part of hauling my kit. I don't tear them down or take the Dobgones off. I just pull the legs up and toss them into the back of my Honda Element, as-is. It saves a lot of setup time.

yeah my dw hardware weights a ton too but it's rock solid and can hold a ton of cymbals and drums.
I have to break my stands down because my gear goes into trailers with other gear, but I have this protechtor case and it holds everything.
4421360760_6590b3b952.jpg

4420595887_76fa3b9173.jpg

I do recommend the dw tom mounts. I think mine was 20 bucks and it came with a memory lock. It is rock solid and it has a huge oversized ergonomic thumbscrew. It was was easy to change on the r.i.m.s. mount, just unscrew the old one and put the dw mount on.

Hey bro -

We're all thrilled here at Just Drums that it worked out well. Seriously - it makes it feel great that we made it happen. Having competitive prices (as we do) in this business is certainly important...but low price isn't everything either. Ya know?

Awesome kit bro! It was cool seeing it being built...

yeah my dw hardware weights a ton too but it's rock solid and can hold a ton of cymbals and drums.
I have to break my stands down because my gear goes into trailers with other gear, but I have this protechtor case and it holds everything.

Very cool! That thing has got to weigh a metric ton?

I do recommend the dw tom mounts. I think mine was 20 bucks and it came with a memory lock. It is rock solid and it has a huge oversized ergonomic thumbscrew. It was was easy to change on the r.i.m.s. mount, just unscrew the old one and put the dw mount on.

That's a good idea but I really like the looks of the new Ludwig keystone brackets. It also matches the floor tom brackets. You can see that the plate the bracket is on is custom fit for the keystone, too, which looks amazingly cool. It came w/ the old stock plates as well though, so I could swap them out if I went w/ a DW bracket.

Hey bro -

We're all thrilled here at Just Drums that it worked out well. Seriously - it makes it feel great that we made it happen. Having competitive prices (as we do) in this business is certainly important...but low price isn't everything either. Ya know?

Awesome kit bro! It was cool seeing it being built...

Exactly right! Thanks for everything...you really went the extra mile here to make it all happen.

Back