Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: INTRODUCTIONS - Please use this thread to introduce yourself

Years playing: about 7
Origin of username: Simmons SDX series electronic drums made in 80's
Favorite drummers: Neil Peart, Stewart Copeland, Mike Portnoy, Carter Beauford, Keith Moon, Jeep MacNichol, Simon Phillips, many more...
Make of drumkit: Mapex, Ludwig, Slingerland
Cymbals: Sabian, Paiste, Meinl, Wuhan
Where do you practice: Basement
Are you in a band: Yes, I'm in two
Covers or originals: Both
Style of music: Rock, prog rock, alternative, jam band, funk, latin, etc.
Favorite food: Pizza
Weird Fact: I collect fire alarms and have been working on an electronic drumpad that will briefly trigger a fire alarm when hit

Hi everyone, I've been reading a few topics recently, but only just joined today. So, hi. It's exciting to be in a community full of other drummers. Hopefully I'll learn a lot from you guys. :)

real name? Audrey
age? 13
how long been playing? Since I was eight, so five years.
origin of user name? It's my nick-name.
top 5 drummers? Neil Peart, Jon Hiseman (I had a lesson with him!), Billy Cobham, Tony Royster Jr and Buddy Rich I suppose.
make of drumkit? PDP.
make of cymbal? Zildjians, Wuhan and Paiste.
where do you practice? At home, in the top room of my house. :)
are you in a band/s? Yes and I love it more than anything.
covers or originals? Both, mainly originals.
what style of music? Funk, Rock, Blues, whatever, experimental. I'm still eager to learn more styles.
favourite take out food? Indian.
country? United Kingdom.
one really odd fact about yourself ? I can't think of one really..
how did you start drumming? Well.. basically.. my older sister got me into rock when I was about five. I always loved it, so I started off learning the guitar. Which is pretty typical.
Then.. I was shit at guitar to be honest. Mind you I was a seven year old girl, lol. When I was about eight some guy up the road I heard was a drummer and my family knew him quite well. So my mum asked if I'd like a drum lesson with him. I said yes.
From the moment I stepped on his drum-kit and banged a few drums, learned my first beat etc, it was all I wanted to do. It still is. I then took a rock music course thing, really great experience. It got me even more into it, my first experience playing in a rock band was at nine and I loved it. So I carried on doing courses, playing in bands etc.
Today I'm in a band which I love more than anything, and I never want to leave it. Drums will always be my main focus in my career, I reckon.

Hello!

Name: Jamie Dull
Band: Lobster Newberg

Hey all. I'm a drummer for a progressive rock band in Chicago called Lobster Newberg. We are putting out our second record in January, and will begin our national tour throughout the US at the same time. I'm currently endorsed by Trick Drums here in Chicago, and got my brand new drum kit this past weekend. Here in the next few days I'll put up a few pictures. Glad to be a part of the site!

real name? Kyle D'Aoust
age? 18, I turn 19 in January
how long been playing? since August 2006
origin of user name? I just used my name, what i do, and a fav number
top 5 drummers? Derek Roddy, Mike Mangini, Inferno, Tim Yeung, Joey Jordison
make of drumkit? Pearl/Kaidence
make of cymbal? Sabian
where do you practice? basement
are you in a band/s? yep, we dont have a name yet
covers or originals? we do both, but only a handful of covers, mostly original
what style of music? mix Pantera and Pink Floyd together, and you have our style
favourite take out food? Taco Bell
country? America
one really odd fact about yourself? For the 5 years i've had a mustache, I've never shaved it
how did you start drumming? By listening to music one day, and trying out a song for fun, then i got addicted to it

Hello

Hey every one!
Hows it going? I thought I would introduce my self. I'm an active perrson in local music love to play music. However I'm comming back from an injury and found myself stuck to the practice pad. I still cant play a kit with out pain. but enough of that. I'm 32 a plumber and into drum's
This is the kit that stays home in storage the superstar, the second is the good ol stage star, and the Rolan practice e-kit. I also have a power-v for shows.

Attachments

• shawns drum set.jpg
    shawns drum set.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 1,179
  • m_cc7780bb24f9af972f855b17bccf0759.jpg
    m_cc7780bb24f9af972f855b17bccf0759.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 1,182
  • m_8040823fec7d4d4ead76dea85ec89589.jpg
    m_8040823fec7d4d4ead76dea85ec89589.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 1,194
Re: Hello

Hello, BLB.

Welcome aboard! See you in the forum and keep drumming.

All the Best,

real name? Gadiel Santiago
age? 24 turn 25 december 10
how long been playing? not very much just a few time till i get my own drums
origin of user name? love medieval era and many things ...long story
top 5 drummers? many to list 5
make of drumkit? Ddrums
make of cymbal? Meinl
where do you practice? empty room @ house
are you in a band/s? not yet
covers or originals? for fun and practice covers but will like to make some originals
what style of music? that is a good question... I like from simple power metal to rock
favourite take out food? none
country? America
one really odd fact about yourself? be in one place with few girlsfriends at once lol
how did you start drumming? by friends band then got adicted and in process to take it to the next level

I'm from São Paulo-Brazil; I've just joined the forum.
I've been playing for about ten years now (I'm 22) and I've played a lot of different stiles of music; I've had rock'n roll bands, played indie-rock, punk-rock, pop music, jazz, latin, you name it... But what I studied the most and lately have been playing more is jazz and funk.

real name? Amy Lee
age? 19
how long been playing? 9 Years
origin of user name? ....
top 5 drummers? Torry Castellano, Dave Weckl, Brooke Svanes, Neil Peart, Tony Thaxton
make of drumkit? Mapex Saturn Pro
make of cymbal? Zildjian A's and K's and a couple Sabians
where do you practice? In my practice room, where I keep all my goodies.
are you in a band/s? We are without a singer and bassist at the moment.
covers or originals? Originals are more fun.
what style of music? driving, melodic, dynamic, the kind that makes me feel and groove.
favourite take out food? Chinese
country? U.S.A.
one really odd fact about yourself? I'm allergic to many types of food.
how did you start drumming? I didn't like the saxophone. So I tried drums and it was love.

how long been playing: Not long, about a year an a half, almost two
origin of user name: In my spare time i'm a gamer, so thats where its from :p
top 5 drummers: Casy Grillo - Kamelot, Travis smith - Trivium, The Rev - A7X, MachineGunSmith - Youtube & Roy Mayorga - Stone sour.
make of drumkit: CB Drums (Brand new, used to use my college's one)
make of cymbal: CB (Looking to get new ones, Paiste Rudes and Zildjans)
where do you practice: College and home.
are you in a bands: Yeah, in my mates one.
covers or originals: Mostly.
what style of music: Soft rock/Punk
favourite take out food: Pizza
one really odd fact about yourself: Drink alot of Caffeine :D
how did you start drumming: I just love the instrument, its fun and complex at the same time that and my mates band needed a drummer so I opted to start practising.

real name? danny
age? 17
how long been playing? 10 years
origin of user name? Slayer-Drunk Drivers Against Mad Mothers
top 5 drummers? DAVE LOMBARDO
Ian Paice
Per Sjögren
Mike Johnston
Steve Gadd
make of drumkit? Ludwig
make of cymbal? Zildjan but i want Bosphorus
where do you practice? Garage
are you in a band/s? Several
covers or originals? all jam bands
what style of music? funk, hip hop, heavy metal, jazz, whatever
favourite take out food? IN N OUT
country?US
one really odd fact about yourself? i have a gaping hole in my rib cage
how did you start drumming? my dad was a touring bongo player in the 60's/70's and ive been a hand drummer since i was born

Real name? Karim, sir.
Age? I'm 20 years old, sir.
How long been playing? Now thats a bit complicated, the first time I touched a drumset was almost 4 years ago, had a drumset about a year after, for 8 months and since then I've been depending on weekly/monthly random jams (It got up high to almost 3 months too) so, ye :|.
Origin of user name? Inspired by a dream.
Top 5 drummers? Danny Carey, Carter Beauford, Jon Theodore, Gene Krupa and John Blackwell.
Make of drumkit? Edit Pearl Export, just got it today.
Make of cymbal? K custom Zildjians.
Where do you practice? A studio near by.
Are you in a band/s? Yes sir, 2.
Covers or originals? Mainly originals but we sometimes do covers just to cure the itch.
What style of music? A mixture of Rock (Sometimes progressive), Blues, Funk and British punk
Favourite take out food? Chinese probably.
Country? Born in England, been living in Egypt ever since I was 5.
One really odd fact about yourself? I enjoy chasing buses in a pink wedding dress.
How did you start drumming? A friend of mine called me up and told me he was jamming in a studio near by my house, he knew I'd be excited coz I've always been interested in music and drumming. I go over there, get in the room and I see this badass white Pearl kit just sitting there like a freaking beast, so after 30 minutes of just gazing at the drum set, amazed at the intensity and power of the drums, they take a break and the drummer hands me his drum sticks. So I get behind the kit, figured out which drum sounded like what then the guitarist was playing the intro to the song Ariels by System of a Down. So I was like "Oh yeah this is the part where it goes *Boom boom boom boomb boomb boomb boomb/PISH* then I just played the beat, just like that, so we just went at it through the whole song (That sounded dirty didnt it?) I was so excited at that point I didnt even notice the rest of the band members enter the room.

Last edited:

real name? Jim Tyler
age? 57
how long been playing? 49 years, will be 50 in March
origin of user name? used to be rdrummer322, now back to real name
top 5 drummers? Bozzio, Cobham, Bruford, Rabb, Moon, all have made me who I am.
make of drumkit? Rogers/rotos, etc.
make of cymbal? mostly Zildjian As
where do you practice? basement@ house
are you in a band/s? not anymore
covers or originals? both, in my own arrangements.
what style of music? that is a good question... experimental?
country? America
one really odd fact about yourself? play left footed, right handed, but I am right footed, left handed.
how did you start drumming? 2nd grade musical aptitude test. I couldn't spell trombone but I could spell drum.

Real name? Kelly Schaffer
Age? 28 yrs old.
How long been playing? Since i was 9yrs old, so all most 20 years.
Origin of user name? Southern Illinois where i live
Top 5 drummers? Danny Carey, Buddy Rich, Jon Bonham, Dave grohl, Morgan Rose
Make of drumkit? Premier, and Ddrums
Make of cymbal? Zildjian, and Harpy
Where do you practice? Studio, my garage and my dinning room
Are you in a band/s? modern rock cover band
Covers or originals? covers, thats where the moneys at
What style of music? rock, punk, jazz, and what ever i make up playing by myself
Favourite take out food? chevys express
Country? U.S.A.
How did you start drumming? when i was a kid i was in love with the marching bands in the local parades, so when i was 6 my garandma bought me a snare drum and i beat the hell out of it untill i got into second grade. Second grade we started music programs and i selected the drums. My band teacher is a drummer by nature so she started giving me lessons on the kit at age 9, been addicted since.
THANK YOU MISS SHEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Real name? Joel Berghult
Age? 20.
How long been playing? Maybe 8 years, with some breaks. Been playing more actively the last 2 years.
Top 5 drummers? Changes a lot, right now Art Blakey, Philly Joe Jones, Max Roach, Steve Jordan, Keith Carlock.
Make of drumkit? Tama.
Make of cymbal? Zildjian Constantinople & A Custom.
Where do you practice? At school.
Are you in a band/s? I mostly cover for other drummers, since I want to have time for my jazz studies. I play frequently with two cover bands to make some extra money.
What style of music? Jazz, pop, rock and some hiphop right now.
Favourite take out food? Salads.
Country? Sweden.
One really odd fact about yourself? I spent a considerable part of my childhood programming MIDI arrangements.
How did you start drumming? I got a drumset from my parents.

Real name? Kevin
Age? 40
How long been playing? Since early 1990s with breaks here and there
Origin of user name? My initials (KW) with my alma mater (NC State), with my bday (68)
Top 5 drummers? Ginger Baker, Neal Peart, Mitch Mitchell, Keith Moon, Dave Lombardo
Make of drumkit? Pearl...soon to be something else (TBD)
Make of cymbal? Love Sabian AAX, but use Zildjian A Customs and K Customs and Sabian HHs
Where do you practice? My basement and other places.
Are you in a band/s? Yes
Covers or originals? Mainly originals, but some covers
What style of music? Rock, hard rock, punk, Social Distortion feel music,
Favourite take out food? Chinese
Country? Usa
One really odd fact about yourself? I like Slayer and Merle Haggard.
How did you start drumming? I listened to Metallica and wanted to do that. So I bought a kit and started doing that.

Hi all,
My name is Paul and renovate and deal in vintage drums of all types.
I would just like to say a big hello and start to read/ participate in your forum.
I hope i am introducing myself in the correct manner and if i do anything incorrectly hope that you will put me right and point me in the right direction.
Thanks all and looking forward to this forum.

Re: hey im new (to Lee loves Sabian)

Question:
Are you a Sabian man, Zildjian man, or Paiste man?

Good Question, but we're not all men here. I'm a K. Zildjian woman. I do have a great A. Zildjian set of hi-hats, and an old ride cymbal that I adore. But I use my dark K. Zildjian and cool splash more. 1 sabian, so-so, Paistes are nice most of the time, but they're pricey, you know? I have one pretty raucous Wuhan - for special occasions. ;-)

OK, back to our previously scheduled drumming 24/7.....

Music Saves Lives

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back