Ryuga Uchida

Re: Consider Your Mind Blown: Ryuga Uchida

Yea, But his small rack tom doesn't match the rest of the kit!
Kids are amazing!
Thanks for that.

I really liked the use of the jamblock. I hadn't seen it used with a double pedal before; maybe something similar on programmed or V-drums.

Fox.

Stick tricks, jam block, keeping the beat, etc etc etc. I think I just retired.

Can anyone figure out the sticking on that jam block? It looks like he's pulling 16ths out with heel toe using only his left foot, but that scares me. I'd like to think that its a Duallist pedal or a Sonor Giant Step, because if its not, I think I quit drums.

This is the latest video of this drumming god, at now age 12!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNNwqxvME4Q

He's now throwing in 32nd notes with his heel on clave pedal 1, playing 16ths with his toe on clave pedal 2. Then he does some clave with his right foot that is barely visible in the video, and plays that clave with a pattern with his left. So it looks like he probably learned the clave pattern between both feet, then got it down good enough to improvise over it with his hands.

It's like watching the duracell bunny. It's ... it's pure power and... and of course it's amazing for a 12 yr old, but.... this isn't impossible stuff. It's a kid with no other responsibilities but to play fulltime everyday. He doesn't go to school I bet.

Not to mention someone is probably training him, and training him with all the right tools. I wouldn't doubt if he can read, and that the trainer is using sophisticated software to transcribe drum parts. Nothing like learning from the masters when you don't have to take the time to transcribe by ear.

Respectfully

Steph

Just checking what Ryuga is up to now (a bit older!) He seems to have a gig playing for a violinist:

Very nice music but still doing some of the flashy stuff he did at a younger age.

The fill here at 1:00 kills me every time...

Last edited:
Back