INTRODUCTIONS: Please Use This Thread To Introduce Yourself!

Re: Hello form Ireland

Hello

I visited Dublin last year and loved your city. I look forward to your posts.

GJS

Welcome to the asylum :) Glad to have you aboard

Welcome to the brotherhood...You have an interesting family life :*)

Pint of Guinness?

Pics as promised. Only have ones of the Pearl and DW. Can't be bothered digging out and setting up the Mapex!!

IMAG0240.jpg

IMAG0239.jpg

iPhonepicsuploaded17Feb2011040.jpg

299277_10150273187291127_690321126_7608288_1154894_n.jpg

Cool pics. Welcome to the club.​
A week and a half? So, you are a man who gets no sleep .... hang tough ...​

Re: Sup? :D

Hey people! New drummer over here hehe hope all of you can give me your guidance ;D

Welcome to the forum Derrick.

... to go to the General Discussion section of the forum, it's straight down the corridor, then turn left and take the stairs to go to the upper level, when you arrive there, turn right, about 5 meters on your left there's a display of the forum rules on the wall, read them while you there, carry on up to the hallway, turn right, pass the Off Topic Section, it's the third door on the left...

Hey Folks,

My name's Adam. I used to play drums all day long in high school. I spent a bunch of years living in college dorms and small apartments and didn't have a good place to play. So now, shortly after my 10 year high school reunion, I bought an old gretsch blackhawk kit off craigslist for $150. I set them up in the spare bedroom and I'm trying to get my chops back. I started recording my playing just too see what it looked like, then decided to post some of the video's on youtube just to add to the pool of homemade drum video's - hoping they might cause someone to think a little differently or try something new.

Here's a link

I like watching other people play and trying some of their tricks. Feel free to check out my youtube channel and post responses.

Please offer suggestions on how I might improve my playing and please let me know if you enjoy any particular part of what i'm putting out there.

Real name - Adam
Age - 29
How long have you been playing - Since the late 90's [skipping 2001-2012]
Origin of user name - Name of my solo project [not a serious project]
Your top drummer - Jeffrey Clemens
Make of drumkit - Gretsch Blackhawk [$150 from craigslist]
Make of cymbal - Paiste Twenty 14" Hats, Paiste Twenty 22" Ride (prototype)
Where do you practice - Spare bedroom
Are you in a band - No
Do you play covers or originals - Mostly just jamming with friends
What style of music - many
Favourite take out food - Pad Thai
What country do you live in - USA
One really odd fact about yourself - I do some things right handed and some left. Ex. Baseball - throw right, bat left
How did you start drumming - My dad was always a drummer. Played the snare in 6th grade band and hated it, signed up for kit lessons in
7th grade and loved it.

Last edited:
Real name - Will
Age - 40
How long have you been playing - 1980 -> 1995 (Quit for 15 years) 2010 -> Present
Origin of user name - My name plus my email addy that Ive had since forever.
Your top drummer - Impossible to say - too many styles, too many influences.
Make of drumkit - Roland V-Drum TD9KX modded to death. (yes I know - not prestigous)
Make of cymbal - Roland E-Cymbals
Where do you practice - Spare room AKA my home studio
Are you in a band - No, though I do some free session drumming for enthusiasts like myself.
Do you play covers or originals - Mostly covers.
What style of music - Rock/Metal are my happy zones
Favourite take out food - Curry or Asian food particularly beef and cashew nut Chinese.
What country do you live in - Currently Japan.
One really odd fact about yourself - I've lived in foreign countries longer than I have lived in my homecountry of NZ.
How did you start drumming - I just had that inclination - my mum said even at 2 years old I would hit the trash can with sticks all the time, clap in time, slap my thighs to music etc... I took to playing with chopsticks on cushions from about 8 years old. Got my first kit when I was 12. Turns out my father was also a drummer for a short time, as was my grandfather...though I never knew it until later.

To keep myself motivated, I have a youtube drum cover channel. Every week I pick a new song and record it... I'm not in a band, so it's a good way to maintain a goal. I pick songs that I like, not songs that necessarily let me show off. Most of my tastes in music revolve around metal or rock, so my covers reflect this - Slipknot, Forbidden, Sepultura, Soulfly, Shihad (NZ), Faith No More etc...... I'm nowhere near half as good as many of you in this forum, but I'm proud to be a part of the community none the less. I hope to meet many of you here and elsewhere on the net.

I have just migrated my drum videos to their own channel - I have a larger "all encompassing" channel featuring drift cars, Benzs, Drums - everything - about 300 videos......

So, I decided to make a unique channel for my drum clips - theres about 32 currently spanning about 18 months... I enjoyed rediscovering them during the switchover, simply because I have improved considerably in bith my playing and in my video production skills. I knwo most drummers couldnt care less about another drummers vidoes, but feel free to visit and let me know of your channel, should you have one :) Im always checking out other drumemrs to get new insights.

The aforementioned drum channel :)

Cheers, and thanks for reading. Will.

Hey everyone! A friend of mine kept bugging me to join a drummer forum .. any drummer forum. So here I am. I hope to learn as much as I can and help in any way I can. Check out my Youtube Channel - I recently did a cover of Dream Theater and Evanescence, and there are several Guitar Center Drum Off solos there. Thanks!

Real name? Scott MacFeat
Age? 29
How long have you been playing? 26 years
Origin of user name? Comes from my Pearl Powershifter Eliminator Double Pedals
Your top 5 drummers? Mike Mangini, Virgil Donati, Jojo Mayer, Buddy Rich, Mike Portnoy
Make of drumkit? Pearl Export Select (Ebony Mist)
Make of cymbal? Zyldjian Avedis, Sabian Evolution Ride
Where do you practice? Home and anywhere I can
Are you in a band? Nope .. but I'd like to be if I could find the right people
Do you play covers or originals? I'd rather play originals but some covers would be cool
What style of music? Progressive rock, Jazz, Funk, ...anything with a good beat
Favorite take out food? Pizza
What country do you live in? USA
One really odd fact about yourself? I also did a Taylor Swift cover on youtube... I'm not a fan of country but for some reason I like her music. I blame my wife!
How did you start drumming? My dad has always been in bands and from a very young age I wanted to play the drums. My parents bought me a toy set when I was 3 and that was that. Began taking lessons at 5 years old and continued with the same teacher until I was 20.

picture.php

Simon Wood - influenced by Simon Phillips, Mike Mangini, Gavin Harrison etc.

Hey gang!

I'm Simon.

I'm a drummer from Melbourne, Australia.

i'm only 20, but i've been playing for 14 years.

I was schooled in rock playing early, but switched to learning Funk/Fusion/Progressive in my teenage years with Melbourne-based Fusion big cat Frank La Macchia.

Recently, my band recorded our first album. We are called 'KETTLESPIDER' and we play instrumental progressive rock (like in the 70's) but our contemporary influences offer us a prog/post metal punch - it's a sweet blend!

Here's what i worked with in the studio. 2003 Premier Cabria's. Sounding mighty fine!

385436_10151005068470207_781190206_21567411_423882758_n.jpg

I love all kinds of music, though this world of 'prog' has really opened my eyes to the great music of the past and proved very inspirational to my playing.

I love the funk edge too - and was lucky enough to watch the great John Blackwell Jnr. play with Prince in Melbourne just last night. i've had grooves in my head ALL day long!

Anyway, open your mind and check out these tunes from Kettlespider - i'd love to know what you think of the music, and i'm looking for feedback on the drumming parts!

http://kettlespider.bandcamp.com/album/avadante

MEGA THANKS!

Simon Wood.

Peace.

Re: Simon Wood - influenced by Simon Phillips, Mike Mangini, Gavin Harrison etc.

Also

- Pork Pie custom 13x7 maple snare.

- Tama Speed cobra pedals.

SABIAN

Paragon (Peart) 14" Hats
AAX 8" Splash
AAX Stage 17" Crash
Vault 20" Ride (Unlathed bottom)

ZILDJIAN

ZHT 16" China
ZHT 10" China Splash
A Custom 16" Crash

New Drummer Here!!!

Real name? Brandon Kelly
Age? 23
How long have you been playing? 21 years
Origin of user name? it's the name of my drum program
Your top 5 drummers? tony royster jr., chris coleman, dennis chambers, dave weckl,(me)
Make of drumkit? tama
Make of cymbal? zildjian
Where do you practice? in my studio
Are you in a band? yes
Do you play covers or originals? both
What style of music? rock/pop/jazz/hip hop/country/r&b
Favourite take out food? papa johns
What country do you live in? US
One really odd fact about yourself? i never adjust my drums when i set up, i just play
How did you start drumming? god put me on earth lol

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrRealdrums

Last edited:
Re: Simon Wood - influenced by Simon Phillips, Mike Mangini, Gavin Harrison etc.

Mr. Simon Phillips is a great boost of influence and inspíration.

Otherwise ask our brother Henri - Mad About Drums...about him?

Not new to Drummerworld, but I never did this so here it goes, lol.

Real name - Matthew Davis
Age - 18
How long have you been playing - full kit-since 1996
Origin of user name - Nickname and birthday
Your top drummer - Chris Coleman
Make of drumkit - PDP M5
Make of cymbal - Sabian 14" AA hats, Zildjian A Custom 14" fast crash, 16" crash, and 20" ride, Zildjian A 10" splash, Zildjian 16" Platinum crash
Where do you practice - Church
Are you in a band - Praise Band at Church
Do you play covers or originals - I play church songs, lol. Sometimes we meet to just jam though.
What style of music - Gospel, Alternative, R&B, and Hip-Hop(a blend of those, but at times certain ones are more noticeable)
Favourite take out food - I don't really order take out, but when I do, I prefer Subway. Stay fresh my friends.
What country do you live in - USA
One really odd fact about yourself - I can move the pinky toe on my right foot independantly of the others crazy well.
How did you start drumming - Sadly, never had lessons in my life. Before I could walk, I would get into my mom's kitchen cabinets and pull out the pots and pans to play drums on them. My parents decided to get me a Little Tikes drum for my first birthday. I got a full junior kit when I was 3. I played in front of about 600 people at the age of 3 for a children's choir, and I was scared out of my mind, lol. Became a regular drummer at my church at 6, and became the main drummer at 13.

Here from Chile!

Hello everyone.. im new on this forum, and i hope to be an active member!!

I'm from Santiago, Chile.

I played drums for years.. i had an acustic drum but the last year i decided to change to an electric drum kit (medeli dd502j).

I uploaded some covers of arctic monkeys and other bands to my youtube channel, you can see it here.

greetings and i'll wait for your comments!

My name is Dusty. I've actually been on these threads before, but when I moved I went without internet for a spell - and now I'm back.

I'm a loyal customer of Sonor drums, Zildjian sticks, Drum Workshop hardware, and I'm an endorser of Soultone cymbals.

I've been playing drums for about thirteen years, but I've only been taking it seriously for the last three. I can't sight read.

I'm a husband, a father, and a dedicated musician who cares about his craft...

That's about it. Nice to meet all of you, and I look forward to learning what many of you will teach me.

Back