Stomp Drive, Direct Drive Systems, Direct Drive System for Tama Iron Cobra Pedal

Hey everybody,
iv got these today, after hours of working with them i have to say, noway!!
The direct link pertrudes too far from the cam and it hits the bass head.
So you have to clamp down your pedal further back on tha bass hoop.
This now makes the beaters further away from the head, they have to lean forward / like that just to make impact with the head. They should impact flat!!
On top of that i had to completely reset my setting, footboard angle, beater angle etc jsut for the link not to clank off the cam on rebound.
On top of this the stroke with these on is much less powerful as from what i can see it totaly negates the powerstroke cam. and im a very heavy hitter.

Iv played drums for nearly 20 years and i loved the idea of these and went for it. But its just not a goer for me at all, im selling them. The angle of the beaters when they hit the head being like / when it should be [ flat is the main problem. And that happens coz you need to have the pedals further back so the rather large pertruding linkage clears the bass head.Yeah you can bring ur beater angle forward to help this but then you have to have your beaters quite close to the head and upright, and thats not for me, so it cuts down adjustment options all over the place. Look at stompdrives pictures, note the beater angle is sett way forward, fine if u want you beaters 1 or 2 inces away from the head, but not many people do!! Les your right, if the design of the linkage was more like what you show there, itd be great. I wanted these to work soooo much, but nope.

I see now why stomp drive videos on youtube dnt show anybody playing them at a kit and i wont hold my breath for Mr Falk to do a favorable review. Sorry stomp drive this is not good.

the stroke with these on is much less powerful as from what i can see it totaly negates the powerstroke cam. and im a very heavy hitter.

Dohhhhh!

The angle of the beaters when they hit the head being like / when it should be [ flat is the main problem. And that happens coz you need to have the pedals further back so the rather large pertruding linkage clears the bass head

They do show the beaters pretty close (short angle), but then they say in this vid clearance is (almost) .25" from BD head.

......................................................................................................................................................

Attachments

• Picture 9.png
    Picture 9.png
    89.9 KB · Views: 2,138
  • Picture 10.png
    Picture 10.png
    88.2 KB · Views: 1,777
if you aren't satisfied why not just return them to where you bought them from for a refund. You put them on e-bay you are going to take a hit on them.

I changed my mind about selling my Iron Cobras when I saw this thread! Awsome I say! This might go offtopic, but when you buy two pairs of those Stomp Drives separately, you have to pay 99,90 USD and when you buy a two pack you must pay 99,95 USD! It should be vice versa? Unless main and slave pedals need different Stop Drives! :p Anyway getting those for my ICs!

Hey everybody,
iv got these today, after hours of working with them i have to say, noway!!
The direct link pertrudes too far from the cam and it hits the bass head.
So you have to clamp down your pedal further back on tha bass hoop.
This now makes the beaters further away from the head, they have to lean forward / like that just to make impact with the head. They should impact flat!!
On top of that i had to completely reset my setting, footboard angle, beater angle etc jsut for the link not to clank off the cam on rebound.
On top of this the stroke with these on is much less powerful as from what i can see it totaly negates the powerstroke cam. and im a very heavy hitter.

Iv played drums for nearly 20 years and i loved the idea of these and went for it. But its just not a goer for me at all, im selling them. The angle of the beaters when they hit the head being like / when it should be [ flat is the main problem. And that happens coz you need to have the pedals further back so the rather large pertruding linkage clears the bass head.Yeah you can bring ur beater angle forward to help this but then you have to have your beaters quite close to the head and upright, and thats not for me, so it cuts down adjustment options all over the place. Look at stompdrives pictures, note the beater angle is sett way forward, fine if u want you beaters 1 or 2 inces away from the head, but not many people do!! Les your right, if the design of the linkage was more like what you show there, itd be great. I wanted these to work soooo much, but nope.

I see now why stomp drive videos on youtube dnt show anybody playing them at a kit and i wont hold my breath for Mr Falk to do a favorable review. Sorry stomp drive this is not good.
We are trying hard to provide this technology to all. Thank you for trying Stomp Drive :) and good luck to you. Pearl Eliminator and Mapex Falcon systems in the making.

Back