Factory Metal Hi Hat Jingler

sewolawen73

Does anyone use the Factory Hi Hat Jingler? I saw that it's more compact than the typical hi hat tambourine clutch. So I bought it and you can install it on the hi hat stand using the rubber grommet in the middle, or install it in the hi hat clutch making full contact with the cymbal. Really cool. I chose to mount it on the stand using the grommet, but the only problem is that regardless of what height you put it, it starts to slip down as you play with the pedal hi hat. Did anyone have this problem or is the grommet on mine defective?

I used one of those briefly. The rubber grommet is a piece of poo. It slips and will eventually tear. I didn't like placing it on the clutch as you can scratch your top hat with the screws. You could use an extra clutch felt, but I didn't like the feel of it. It was nice and subtle effect, but the mounting is problematic and I no longer use it.

I use this thing and I like the sound I get from it. I mount mine on the clutch because it does not hold on to the rod worth a damn. I also keep it on the clutch because I have a drop clutch and it makes it easier. As ineedaclutch said, there is the possibility of scratching the top hat with the screws. I did this with my hats but I was because I put it on upside down to begin with haha

I used one of those briefly. The rubber grommet is a piece of poo. It slips and will eventually tear. I didn't like placing it on the clutch as you can scratch your top hat with the screws. You could use an extra clutch felt, but I didn't like the feel of it. It was nice and subtle effect, but the mounting is problematic and I no longer use it.

What a shame. The rubber grommet tore from playing the hi hat pedal?

What a shame. The rubber grommet tore from playing the hi hat pedal?

Sure did. My hh pedal sees more use than any other part of my kit usually. You can mount it on the clutch upside down as stated earlier, but I found I would still have to use an extra felt. I did not like the feel of this so I have stopped using it.

Does anyone use the Factory Hi Hat Jingler? I saw that it's more compact than the typical hi hat tambourine clutch. So I bought it and you can install it on the hi hat stand using the rubber grommet in the middle, or install it in the hi hat clutch making full contact with the cymbal. Really cool. I chose to mount it on the stand using the grommet, but the only problem is that regardless of what height you put it, it starts to slip down as you play with the pedal hi hat. Did anyone have this problem or is the grommet on mine defective?

My main beef with my hihat tambourine clutch is that it's too big. How does this sound compared to the Rhythm Tech or Latin Percussion models? Is it as loud? As rich, even with fewer jingles?

I found it to be a very subtle sound. It did not get in the way of the sound of the hh closing nor was it overbearing. It was not as loud or as satisfying as a full sizer though. I just don't like the mounting options.

I found it to be a very subtle sound. It did not get in the way of the sound of the hh closing nor was it overbearing. It was not as loud or as satisfying as a full sizer though. I just don't like the mounting options.

Same reason why I bought it. If it wasn't for the faulty mounting device, this would've been perfect. Once I buy a smaller hi-hat clutch to hold it (and get rid of the grommit), I'll see how it feels.

I`ve been wanting one of those.

Let us know how the mounting works out.

Back