White or black bass drum resonante head?

If you have a black kit or a black fade i'd say a black reso head but anything else I like white reso heads that's just my opinion of course, drums are very personal It's what you like that matters.

Bonzolead

Somebody here has a killer looking Ludwig kit with blue sparkle and blonde hoops using a white bass drum head. The combo looks so right. If you're out there please post another pic!

I prefer a White front head. I've had Black and White, and I always just go back to the White one.

My kits are Black, Black glass glitter, and Red Sparkle and the White looks great on all of them.

The White Saturn finish with Black Nickle hardware looks better with Black though.
With Chrome fittings, a White head might look pretty cool.

I prefer a White front head. I've had Black and White, and I always just go back to the White one.

My kits are Black, Black glass glitter, and Red Sparkle and the White looks great on all of them.

The White Saturn finish with Black Nickle hardware looks better with Black though.
With Chrome fittings, a White head might look pretty cool.
Thanks Karl. I can always count on you to make me feel good. :) Where the heck have you been. Don't leave me here alone with these animals. :)

Black for me.

IMG_1047.jpg

I like the Black head on the Tama too.
It must be one of those "I like it more when I see it on other people's kits.." things.

My rehearsal kit has a Black head on it, and looks good and all, but, I'd prefer the White one back on it for some reason. I don't really know why, maybe I'm just more "traditional" or something?

Here's a pic of most of the Black kit thrown together in my work room:

P1010379.jpg

This is the 18x26 and the 16x26 is sitting behind it. I know, I know, I use all these panzy bass drums, but I kinda like 'em.

My Hammered 402 in the back with those POS ugly Imperial lugs too ;-)

I like the Black head on the Tama too.
It must be one of those "I like it more when I see it on other people's kits.." things.

My rehearsal kit has a Black head on it, and looks good and all, but, I'd prefer the White one back on it for some reason. I don't really know why, maybe I'm just more "traditional" or something?

Here's a pic of most of the Black kit thrown together in my work room:

P1010379.jpg

This is the 18x26 and the 16x26 is sitting behind it. I know, I know, I use all these panzy bass drums, but I kinda like 'em.

My Hammered 402 in the back with those POS ugly Imperial lugs too ;-)
They still make those lugs? :)

It depends on the kit for me. The color of the finish alone isn't always enough to decide the issue. My kit is White Marine Pearl and I opted for the smooth white (with the vintage Ludwig script). But on Sticks' Arctic White kit, I prefer the black, I think because of the way it fits with the hardware. It's all about contrast and complement.

Tough call on the Yamaha kit in the OP, though. I can't decide. They both look good to me. I guess if you held a gun to my head, I'd go with black. For some reason, at least to me, black resos seem right for Yamaha bass drums. Not sure why.

Hey KC & Sticks both of you have great looking kits IMO it kinda of a toss up some kits look great with black heads & some look great with white heads.

Bonzolead

white (coated logo/reso head on,y, not the smooth/glossy white) or fiberskin for sure.

Only in this case white...usually I prefer black if the finish is a light colour.

White, always white. Black looks bad in a 1980's kind of way and ruins the look of any bass drum.

Hey guys, no offense intended with my above comment/reply. I thought it was understood that, of course, I don't make the rules, and that the above is simply my opinion. No need to take anything personally. I'll throw in an IMHO in the future :).

Back