Behold.....

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
And they're done and ready!

Ludwig maple 6-ply from the late 70s. 16x26 bass drum, 9x13 rack tom, 16x16 and 16x18 floor toms. The snare (for now) is a Tama Rockstar 6.5x14. My cymbals are: 17" hats, 18" thin crash, 24" K Light Ride, and 20" K Custom Dark ride (as an explosive crash and second ride if necessary).

All the chrome was polished up, new heads all around. My hardware is Pearl with Tama pedals - although I do need a stand for my rack tome that will allow me to raise it a little higher.

This is a player's kit - but it sounds pretty good. Thanks to Harry Conway for the drums - I hope he likes what I did to them!

Enjoy!

Attachments

• kit-from-right.jpg
    kit-from-right.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 769
  • kit-from-front.jpg
    kit-from-front.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 694
  • kit-from-back.jpg
    kit-from-back.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 699
There's a whole lotta love that went into your restoration project Bo :)

It looks absolutely glorious, we just need to hear it now, what about a bit of Good times, Bad times in a video on YT.

They look sweet, Bo. Excellent job.​

Bo, Lookin gooood! I must say at first that I didn't want to remark on the rims when you first painted them. I will say that they look much nicer than I thought they would. Excellent job and really nice work restoring them. Are you having trouble getting the sound that you want or are you just having trouble getting used to the new sound? I would imagine a little bit of both. Those are a pretty big jump in sizes from what you are used to and it always takes time getting things tuned just the way we want them. Good luck with them and when you can post some sound clips for us. John

There are Charlie Angels and then there are Harry's Blondes.

Sweet!

Ha, yes, but will the kit self destruct in the next 5 seconds? I doubt it, Bo ain't exactly a slammer, but you never know, these could release the inner brute! Man or mouse? Only time will tell ;) ;) ;)

Seriously Bo, nice job. As for the bass drum hoops, I think they work well. A bit of dark is quite common with blondes anyhow. Matching collar & cuffs are rare these days ;)

So nice. Cant wait to hear you bash a little (you will have to roughen your technique up a little).

Looks like a fun project. Nice work.

Great looking kit, excellent job. Love the look of a single tom in a snare basket. In case you find the basket chokes the tom a little you may want to look into a Flex Frame For my taste on my kit the tom was a bit choked by the basket, the Flex Frame opened the sound up. Again, may not be an issue for you but just in case. Congratulations and enjoy!!

What a classy kit, if that doesn't give you a massive sound I don't know what will!

I agree this kit looks powerful.
Ya wanna have a fat sound? Look no further. ;-)

Well, now that I have it set-up for photos, the reality will begin when I start to play it. Where my snare and floor toms usually fall on my other kits, they will be under the height of the bass drum and cause me to push the rack tom farther out to my right. But I'll try it later this afternoon. I think its true: when I sit down behind the kit, I won't be seen ;)

Well, now that I have it set-up for photos, the reality will begin when I start to play it. Where my snare and floor toms usually fall on my other kits, they will be under the height of the bass drum and cause me to push the rack tom farther out to my right. But I'll try it later this afternoon. I think its true: when I sit down behind the kit, I won't be seen ;)

Told you.

Back