The Best Ride For Touring

CutEnCrisQc

I'll start-off by saying that by ride, I meant Car/truck.

My group is a 4 peop band and we are right now close to start touring. We use my car that is
a Toyota - Matrix. Freaking great car for drummer but if you have to bring out all the stuff with one car its really not spacy enoughé There's always the option of a trailer but some place are
really bad placed to park a car with trailer so I would prefer one truck that have good cargo space in it and can have 4-5 seats in it.

So if anyone have had some good experience with a touring ride I'm interested to know about that your experience.

A crew-cab pickup truck should work but... mind the gas mileage and the cargo bed exposed to weather.
What about a used church van with the back two rows of seats removed?

Attachments

• 2000 Dodge Ram 15 Passenger Van lt. front.jpg
    2000 Dodge Ram 15 Passenger Van lt. front.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 83
A crew-cab pickup truck should work but... mind the gas mileage and the cargo bed exposed to weather.
What about a used church van with the back two rows of seats removed?

Do not use a pickup truck. Too easy to get stuff stolen that way. 11+ passenger van with the last row of seats removed so there's more cargo space is the way to go. Also, take out the front row of seats so you can open up that area a a "lounge".

The fewer windows the better. Lead us not into temptation. Don't load it up with the bands name or hundreds of musical bumper stickers. Thief magnets.

And you can pack stuff on the roof of the van too if you are so inclined. Definitely go with a van, man.

how about those GMC vehicle things that the boys drive around in in those Hardy Boys movies...? if you can get them still..

Back