Yamaha Drum Pedal Question

x1503

So I recently bought a yamaha stage custom 5piece set for a really cheap price...it came with this single pedal...does anyone know if its good...I was looking at the website and I thought it came with a cheaper pedal with one chain not double...and it has a glow in the dark sticker? Any clues if its good?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 3,437
So I recently bought a yamaha stage custom 5piece set for a really cheap price...it came with this single pedal...does anyone know if its good...I was looking at the website and I thought it came with a cheaper pedal with one chain not double...and it has a glow in the dark sticker? Any clues if its good?

Congratulations. You somehow got a second-generation FP9500C pedal, which was (and, in its current incarnation, still is) Yamaha's top-of-the-line chain-drive pedal. The current version retails at about $200. Great steal. Watch for the cops!

FP9310 ("Flying Dragon") is the model. I have a double that's been my main pedal for years. Love them. Great pedals.

FP9310 ("Flying Dragon") is the model. I have a double that's been my main pedal for years. Love them. Great pedals.

Yes - that's a Flying Dragon, not a 9500C. This is the 9500C: http://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical-instruments/drums/hardware/footpedals/fp9500c/?mode=model

I have a 9315 double pedal, the version right after the 9310. I'm not sure what the differences are. They look almost identical except for the glow in the dark sticker.

x1503: IMO that's a good pedal - a very good pedal. You got yourself a deal if it came with the kit. How are you liking it?

Yes - that's a Flying Dragon, not a 9500C. This is the 9500C: http://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical-instruments/drums/hardware/footpedals/fp9500c/?mode=model

I have a 9315 double pedal, the version right after the 9310. I'm not sure what the differences are. They look almost identical except for the glow in the dark sticker.

x1503: IMO that's a good pedal - a very good pedal. You got yourself a deal if it came with the kit. How are you liking it?

Thanks for everyone who responded..well I like its responsiveness so far...I was thinking of getting a dw 5000 when I got this set...I got a 5 piece with hardware for $400 new at my local best buy so I had to get it

Thanks for everyone who responded..well I like its responsiveness so far...I was thinking of getting a dw 5000 when I got this set...I got a 5 piece with hardware for $400 new at my local best buy so I had to get it

Are you talking about the Best Buy chain store? I'm surprised that if the drums were new, they would come with that pedal, because it's been discontinued for a while.

Also, are you sure the drums are Stage Customs? The local Best Buy store here sells Yamaha Gigmaker Drums. The Gigmakers usually run about $400 or less for a shell pack. With a hardware pack, they're usually $599 or less. The Stage Customs usually sell for $649 for a shell pack, and about $899 with hardware. And they don't come with that kind of pedal.
Do you have any pictures of the drums?

The DW 5000 is a good pedal, but I don't think you need to be in a rush to get one. Try one out and see how it feels to you compared to the Yamaha. You might just want to use the Yamaha for a while.

Last edited:

My bad, I got the number wrong, but point being, he definitely scored. Thanks for covering my back.

My bad, I got the number wrong, but point being, he definitely scored. Thanks for covering my back.

Ya - gear with numbers for names is always hard to keep track of unless you've got it yourself.

Something seems really off about the whole deal. See my post above yours.

Ya - gear with numbers for names is always hard to keep track of unless you've got it yourself.

Something seems really off about the whole deal. See my post above yours.

Gigmakers definitely don't come with that pedal either, so perhaps he landed a used kit that his local store was handling...?

AFAIK - Best Buy doesn't sell any used gear. At least I've never seen it at the one here.

I was also going by the quote above - he says it was new.

Who knows, then?

OP, can you take a pic of your drumset badges and put this all to rest?

It also came with a hi hat stand, two cymbal stands and snare stand...I bought them new the guy from best buy took them off the box and tuned them for me since I'm not good at tuning drums so far...they were on clearance from 899 and he gave them to me for 400 with tax it was like 433...at the end he told me he forgot to give me the bass drum pedal and he came with a bag and gave it to me...when I got home I had to assemble it myself which was a bit confusing at first but easy...I thought it came with a much cheaper one...maybe he gave me the wrong one...but yeah best buy has some good deals if you shop around they have some thing always good on clearance...

Yep, Stage Custom Birches... looks like he screwed up, your gain! Enjoy your new tubs.

Back