Best/Least Expensive Sticks?

ABRB

Anyone know any cheap sticks that don't ware out really fast? Right now i used Promark Hickory 5A's and recently I've broken like three in the past 2 weeks or so...

Regal Tip have been the most durable for me.
The disadvantage to them is you don't get as many options as pro mark, vic firth, and vater.

I use the Regal Tip John Robinson Signatures for louder playing, and some vics for lighter. The Regal's have been the most durable stick I've owned though.

They all wear out but three in two weeks? You must be a basher. Try a little finesse. Go to Musiciansfriend.com and buy a brick of Novas.

hi there!
i had your problem a while ago, except i was going through a pair of 5bs every week, sometimes more. i not only stopped practicing super intensely every time (i still do every now and then) but i also grabbed a pair of ahead drumsticks. they are 30 bucks, but you will save money in the long run. i have a pair of 5b that ive been using for well over 6 months, and besides a few MINOR chips they are brand new. Plus when the sleeve gets too beat up, you slide a new one on! they even come with a change for free!
heres a link:
http://www.bigbangdist.com/ahead_sticks.htm

They all wear out but three in two weeks? You must be a basher. Try a little finesse. Go to Musiciansfriend.com and buy a brick of Novas.

Novas are garbage. They will cost you more in the long run as they make them from the wood that gets rejected from the american classics.The grain of the wood runs thru on an angle instead of straight down the length of the stick and they split on the grain. I unknowingly bought a brick once when vic firth offered a "buy a brick and have your name printed on them free" deal and broke all 12 pair in 3 gigs except for the one that the tip flew off,and just for the record I hardly ever brake sticks when using the vic firth american classics, they usually just get chewed from the hats till the ends fall off.
IMGP0961.JPG

Anyone know any cheap sticks that don't ware out really fast? Right now i used Promark Hickory 5A's and recently I've broken like three in the past 2 weeks or so...
I just recently switched to Neil Peart's oak 747's and they are much more durable than the hickory 5a's I was using. They also sound better on the cymbals, especially the rides. I can now tolerate my Evolution ride as a ride. :) The only draw back is that they are stiffer, and a little heavier. They do bounce a little better I find than the hickory. Probably because of their weight and density.

Maybe swap to a thicker grade of stick if you are breaking them so much?
I get through a pair of vic firth's within about 10 gigs so looking at either swapping to vater or moving up to a 5b but used these before and it makes my writs ache- bit too thick for my liking
then again sure If I practised with them for a few weeks I'd soon get used to them

I use now Regal Tip 5A Hickorys, and I like them... For now they havent broke and they are really light sticks.

Back