New Double Kick Pedal

Drums!

Hi Guys! I'm new to these forums, so I'm still working out what's what.
Alright, well, I'm 15 and got into playing set a year or two ago now. I recently ran into some money, enough for any double bass pedal I want. Question is, what should I be getting? What is the best hands down? Also, looking at heads for bass, so what would be the best heads for my bass drum? Really want that dark deep sound basses should make. Thanks!

Drummers and their pedals ... everyone likes "something different" ... so, you need to get into a store (or several) and try out every pedal you can. Mostly, I play a single pedal ... or two single pedals. The Yamaha Direct Drive is my pedal of choice.​
When I play a "double pedal", however ... I want not only a double ... I want a center pedal system as well .... so, for my needs/wants/desires ... I play a Sleishman double pedal ...​

Attachments

• sleishman.jpg
    sleishman.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 1,581
An Aquarian Super-kick is a great kick head. For a pedal, go try a bunch out, theres no advice someone can give you on how your body reacts to certain pedals. Good luck.

After playing for only a year do you feel like you are ready for a double pedal? Everyone wants to jump into double playing when their rudiments and reading skills need much work.

After playing for only a year do you feel like you are ready for a double pedal? Everyone wants to jump into double playing when their rudiments and reading skills need much work.

Well, I sight read well, and my playing is okay. But, the idea was buy the pedal now, so I have it. I'm in no rush to use it. I have an instructor giving me private lessons, so I'll get to it eventually. But, I had planned on going through stick control on it to get the control before I really get into it. But, I understand what you're saying! And thanks for the feedback!

So, whether it matters to any of you or not, I went ahead and ordered a pair of Trick Bigfoots. These things are INSANE. Even if I had just bought a single pedal, I would be impressed. They are heavy and built like a tank. Not to mention, some of the smoothest pedals I've ever felt(not a lot though). The only complaint is the beaters are incredibly light. But, I see they have a weight package to add to the beater, so may buy some of those. Thanks for your thoughts though! :D

I bought a Pearl Eliminator Demon Double, admittedly i havnt experimented with an extremely wide range of pedals but so far im unable to find any fault with the Eliminator, very very light and smooth, its also able to be changed from shortboard to longboard, you can change the position of the beaters to the "finesse" or "power" positions and you get a few extras with them like a protective case, oil for the bearings and a cool looking drum key lol plus they look pretty awesome :)

Heres a review of them - http://www.gak.co.uk/en/pearl-p-3002d-eliminator-demon-drive-double-pedal/28702

They are pretty expensive though, but without any question of doubt, they are definately worth it!

So, whether it matters to any of you or not, I went ahead and ordered a pair of Trick Bigfoots. These things are INSANE. Even if I had just bought a single pedal, I would be impressed. They are heavy and built like a tank. Not to mention, some of the smoothest pedals I've ever felt(not a lot though). The only complaint is the beaters are incredibly light. But, I see they have a weight package to add to the beater, so may buy some of those. Thanks for your thoughts though! :D

Great Buy and great pedals! I would have picked these up, but they were out of my budget.

I ended up getting the Trick Dominator doubles. Yes, truly insane.Same technology, materials and craftsmanship. I couldn't find many negative reviews on these myself.

You gotta love the compression spring technology, and how you can reach down in between songs and adjust tension on the fly...with 1 hand! Their U joint is freakin' so smooth connecting the 2 pedals.

I heard the beaters alone are about $100 each (titanium I think?). I switched my DW double sided beaters with wieghts on them. There's the punch - right there!

Enjoy!

Let me tell you something i learned the hard way. TRY EVERY PEDAL YOU CAN GET YOUR FEET ON.

for years i though between lack of a proper teacher in my area, plus a condition with my ankles i would never do proper double bass.

I started out with a cheap gibraltar about 7 years ago, struggled with it until it broke, bought an Iron Cobra 4 years ago cause it was "the best" couldnt get any further, and i was out $550 at the time for it.

When the speed cobras were released, i tried those, but i also tried some DW pedals, Axis pedals and some Demon Drives.

I settled on the DW 8002B pedals, i could suddenly play them, now i can rock on them and pull off the patterns that i always though "Man, once i get good ill be able to do THAT"

So take the only advice we can give you and try them yourself man, i could have spent $150 more on demon drive pedals or axis pedals based on "theyre the best!" opinions, but ultimately found the ones that worked for me.

I play a Sleishman double pedal ...​

Hi Harry

Interesting pedals, what's the feel of these in comparison of "regular" pedals and what adjustement did you make to your drumkit set up, it looks like you'll have snare and kick in the center of the drums.

Back