What is the point, or meaning of life?

Try and enjoy life as much as possible, do whatever work has to be done and you should be right. Though that's probably too simple for reality...

The meaning of life as far as i`m concerned is to smile, laugh, be happy and cherish the one`s you love.

Its simple you dim whits.

The meaning of life is that,

Life has a meaning, and that meaning of life, is the life that you are meant to have,

and if the life you are meant to have, does in fact have a meaning, then lets hope it the life that you wanted.

If your life has no meaning, then you are proberly meant to be mean, and with a life meaning ment, and a mean meanting life, then life has only one outcome.

Simples.

WOW!!! Looks like SUFC.LOYAL has had one to many! Lol.
Can anyone else work that one out!!! If that`s your idea of the meaning of life, you must live a very confusing one. Derrhh!!!!

Every so often, I wonder the same, and it brings to mind an old Scottish proverb: "Be happy while you're living, for you're a long time dead.", then I go try to find an activity that makes me happy.

Skulmoski: That photo is priceless. It should be in a magazine if it isn't already. Made my day.

Larry, I have to disagree that the meaning of life is to procreate, otherwise my life has little meaning :) It's one thing to bring children into the world but those children need nurturing - waaay into their adulthood. So we nurture one another.

And if drumming has anything in common with normality I'll eat my hat :p

John, do you moonlight as a yogi by any chance. You are one sage dood

Only as Yogi Bear Polly!
"Smarter than the average Booboo"

Life really is whatever it is. The choice we have ultimately is whether we want to continue doing whatever it is we do.
No matter how one feels about life, good, bad, indifferent, got it going on......I can guarantee all of you that when that knock comes to depart this mortal coil, you wont wanna go.

Last edited:
you smug kits,

with all your smiles, and puppy dog eyes, and cherishing loved ones. lol ish

and there was me thinking life was rather shite for most people lol even less now.

I surpose i need to think of a new pherlosaphy now. (or learn how to spell).

Did you mean PHILOSOPHY of life.
Your not on your own with this one i can`t spell either, just cheated and looked it up.
Smile and be happy!! That`s my philosophy.

Last edited:
Life is a timeless mystery, I don't worry to understand it or solve it.....I live life to the full.

Nick Bedford just said something that made me think about this subject in the practice thread. I may have missed the point of life. So I'd like to know what you guys and girls think the point or meaning of life is?

This is a nonsensical question. The concept "Meaning" only applies to rational beings - i.e. humans. So, without the subject of the sentence, the sentence doesn't make sense. The correct question is "What is the Meaning of Live to <Subject>" where subject is you, your children, etc. When properly formed, the question is much easier to answer.

The meaning of life is what ever puts meaning in your life.

For me it is happiness, it's why we do "human-y" things, all in the quest of happiness.

I see it this way, you say what you believe is the meaning of life because it makes you happy, which is the ultimate meaning of life, everything before it is just a means to an end.

Be self-sufficient, have enough good friends and be as good as a drummer and musician that I can be. That is all.

For we humans and all other animals, the meaning of life is to reproduce the species. How that evolves is left up to a higher being or science depending on your beliefs.

For we humans and all other animals, the meaning of life is to reproduce the species. How that evolves is left up to a higher being or science depending on your beliefs.

Be self-sufficient, have enough good friends and be as good as a drummer and musician that I can be. That is all.

Those things that you say are the "meanings" in your life are really just means to an end, that if you fulfil your means you will achieve happiness.

That's what life is about for me.

...but what I said can only apply to human life...

I think it is because we as humans can form abstract concepts, dream and have emotions.

I/we simply don't know if that cockroach that Polly stomped on had thought about it's meaning in it's own life, but we do know that it is a sentient being with a brain and sensory apparatus that enables it observe and act with/against/from it's surroundings...

...so what drives it through the day to do cockroach-y things?

That might be the general/universal meaning of life that applies to all of life, not just humans, it just happens that humans can form abstract concepts and occasionally delve into their right-side brain.

It ("general/universal meaning of life") is not an answer even we as humans can answer, and personally I would rather not turn to the idea of some "higher being" to explain that, as even that is out of our grasp/far fetched...

...but then again, perhaps it is happiness that drives us to do the things we do (even including non-humans) and non-human organisms interpret that differently, perhaps seing their own species grow through breeding is what makes them "happy" (in their own way of course)...but really, I think I might still be happy if I didn't give a damn anyway...

Back