Show Off Your DW Kit

Just an fyi...there's a $20 dollar difference in price between these 2 racks...hardly jacking up the price...
Well actually the DW main rack is 399.00, plus one side rack is 200.00, which equals 600.
The PDP front and one side rack package is 430.00, making the difference170.00. :)

Well actually the DW main rack is 399.00, plus one side rack is 200.00, which equals 600.
The PDP front and one side rack package is 430.00, making the difference170.00. :)

The price difference I'm quoting is just the front rack only (@ MF, $379[pdp], $399[dw]) seeing they don't show a DW rack w/ side rack (in a package deal yet).

Its not a fact, as facts are not subject to relative points of view. So, we're saying 4 grand in the states for a reasonable representation of your kit? My 12 piece pack was 9 grand. The difference I paid got me all the little details that I wanted that aren't available from Mapex (which is a brand that I highly admire, btw.) Had it been a wrap, the price would have dropped to about $4,500.00. If we really are picking with our ears...

Ok, just to put things in perspective monetary-wise. My 5 piece DW cost me $8,500 AUD, plus an extra $700 AUD for the snare. Mind you I bought my DWs at a time when the Australian Dollar was worth about 60 US cents, so that didn't really help things...

My point is, with purchases like these money becomes irrelevant. I intend on keeping my DWs for as long as I'm still playing drums, i.e.: a lifetime investment. Price sorta doesn't matter when looked at it like that. I chose DW because of their sound and looks, and because I believe in the brand.

Attachments

• _DSC0011.jpg
    _DSC0011.jpg
    261.2 KB · Views: 3,702
I guess as long as we are all happy with our purchases that is all that matters. Enjoy your DW's. They are great drums. I love my DW rack, 5000's, cymbal arms and stool.

I love custom drum companies offering an instrument you can really customize exactly to your tastes. Not something every drummer geeks out about, but if you do it's fun.
I call this my cold dead hands kit, since I plan on taking it to the grave. The entire kit
is dialed in to my tastes, from the 20"VLX bass drum to the 3/8ths Supersolid maple snare. Not to mention the heartwood curly finish.

Attachments

• -DW heartwood curly.jpg
    -DW heartwood curly.jpg
    645.1 KB · Views: 3,698
For all of you who have a DW Jazz kit and aren't completely satisfied with the sound you get... today I put on some Black suede Emperors... Really worth a try... I found my sound!!!! Cheers!

Did you ever notice that when you sit behind your drum, it can sound really bad at times even with new heads on - espescially my 12" tom that I hate sooooo much sometimes - and then, someone else sits behind it and I stand in front... or even go upstairs... the person on the drums go boom boom boom boom... and you find it sounds huge and great? I think that the sound is really different when you're behind from when you're in front... Must be the projection or something... Any thoughts?

I love custom drum companies offering an instrument you can really customize exactly to your tastes. Not something every drummer geeks out about, but if you do it's fun.
I call this my cold dead hands kit, since I plan on taking it to the grave. The entire kit
is dialed in to my tastes, from the 20"VLX bass drum to the 3/8ths Supersolid maple snare. Not to mention the heartwood curly finish.

That's a really nice looking kit!..beautiful wood finish!

Did you ever notice that when you sit behind your drum, it can sound really bad at times even with new heads on - espescially my 12" tom that I hate sooooo much sometimes - and then, someone else sits behind it and I stand in front... or even go upstairs... the person on the drums go boom boom boom boom... and you find it sounds huge and great? I think that the sound is really different when you're behind from when you're in front... Must be the projection or something... Any thoughts?

The drums (especially the bass) sound a little richer from the spectators view. But they should get dialed in just fine from the drivers seat. My 12" on all 3 DW kits sound killer from the driver's seat. Check the suspension system, you may be getting weird pressure on a tension rod making the top head wonky.

Beautiful drums. DW makes such lovely things to look at. They are a special company. I think they're building what will be the collector's items of 30 years from now.

P1070436.jpg

P1070437.jpg

DW Collector Ruby Glass & satin chrome hardware
26x16 - 12x8 - 16x16

Not a great quality pic, but here's my modest DW kit.

dw_kit4.jpg

I'm surprised there aren't more pics of kits with the "blue glass" finish?

That's a DW maple snare hiding back there, A Custom hi-hats, 18" crash, and 20" crash, and a Sabian AA 20" Rock Ride.

I have a few other toys that are currently sitting in the corner not being used.

Now that is a clean and pretty kit! Love the blue sparkle.

Very nice. Just got my first sparkle kit and I am really enjoying the wow factor.

I'm surprised there aren't more pics of kits with the "blue glass" finish?

Here you go. DW Classic Series in "blue glass" FinishPly. The shells are mahogany/poplar/mahogany with with maple re-rings. The heads are coated Ambassadors top and bottom of my toms. The bass drum has felt strips on both the batter and resonant heads to give it a more nostalgic sound. I bought them in September of 2010.

22" x 16"
16" x 16"
14" x 14"
12" x 8"
14" x 5 1/2

DSC_0298.jpg

DSC_0360.jpg

DSC_0717.jpg

DSC_0426-2.jpg

DSC_0208.jpg

Dennis

Back