My Oak Custom in Honey Amber with Wood Hoops.

Are the snare hoops darker than the tom hoops??
I like the hoops on the snare more than on the toms.

Bram

Bram, they are indeed ever so slightly darker. They were purchased seperately (on ebay) from Stellar Hoops. They are contoured as well. The snare itself is Mahogany which matches surprisingly well, but is still a bit darker. I love the snare though.

I did order some maple hoops for the bass drum as well. After seeing these photos I realized I definitely needed to tie it all together.

WOW, that is a freakin' awesome looking kit!
I know the Oaks sound great, so that's a given.

The maple hoops on the bass drum WILL finish the job...I liked your "my wife confiscated the CC"...

I re-did one of my kits this past spring, and when I got different hoops and did the outside in the new finish, it completed the job WAY more than I imagined.
It was really nice before the hoop change, but it was great, and a "total package" after.

The snare hoops look pretty nice, do you like those better than if you went the flat style (like Yamaha's hoops)?

I wouldn't mind wood hoops (I think it looks cool too) on one of my kits....but it'd probably be super cool and I'd want to have them on all 3 kit$ haha! Yeah, that's gonna happen haha!

Enjoy your kit!!

I really like the snare hoops. That drum has never sounded so good. I am amazed at the difference they actually make regarding sound. I did get my maple hoops for the bass in the mail, I just have to get some poly or something to spray on em' as they are raw right now.

congrats !!! that's a really good kit

may be you can give some advice , I have a 14" vintage steel snare drum and I want to add some warm to it , so I thought that wood hoops would be a good idea . The problem is that it only has 6 lugs , so I'm not sure if the wood hoop will be enough strong to resist the pressure

the wood hoop will be like the ones you have in your toms , I can also order in a deeper version if necessary

thanks in advance!

Back