Re: INTRODUCTIONS - Please use this thread to introduce yourself

real name? Austin Iverson

How long been playing: On and off since I was about 10

Origin of user name: A band

5 drummers: Buddy Rich, Steve Gadd , John Bonham, Brad Elrod, Andrew Gormley

Make of drumkit: Yamaha

make of cymbal: Zildjian

where do you practice? Home

are you in a band/s? Maybe soon. was in past.

covers or originals? Originals

what style of music? Rock I guess

favorite take out food? Indian.

country? us

how did you start drumming? Other family members played so I grew up around them.

Thanks,
Austin

real name? Karla
age? 20
how long been playing? Very new
origin of user name? My red hair and personality
top 5 drummers? Jason Costa, Joey Jordison, John Boecklin, Dave Lombardo, Lars Ulrich
are you in a band/s? No
covers or originals? Would like to learn some covers then work into originals
what style of music? Metal
favourite take out food? Mandarin Cuisine
country? USA
one really odd fact about yourself? I am 1/4 Japanese and am a natural redhead
how did you start drumming? I've always been fascinated by people who can play drums with all of the coordination involved. This is why I'm tryin to learn

Sorry for the intro delay

real name? Ken.
age? 45.
how long been playing? 38 years.
origin of user name? It's what I do.
top 5 drummers? Vinnie Colaiuta, Rod Morgenstein, Bill Bruford, David Garabaldi, Danny Seraphine.
make of drumkit? Ludwig Vistalite
make of cymbal? UFIP, Zildjian, Paiste, Sabian,
where do you practice? I have a small studio at the back of the house.
are you in a band/s? Yes.
covers or originals? Yes.
what style of music? Rock, Comedy Rock, Progressive, New wave western punk jazz.
favourite take out food? Pizza with artichoke hearts.
country? No just Western
one really odd fact about yourself? I often attempt to look through my eyelids without blinking.
how did you start drumming? Ringo

Just a bit more on my drum career:

I started playing drums at the age of 7. At that time I was learning concert snare but that soon evolved into drum kit at the age of 9 (thanks Ringo). I got my first kit at age 10 (Rogers) and got my first Ludwig at 15. I've been a Ludwig nut ever since and have several kits (including 8 complete Vistalite). Over the years I have played concert tympani, marched the trios in drum corps and played in several bands. I currently play bass guitar in the latest band and we are trying to get the originals on tape (I mean disc or whatever we call it now). Just the three of us but we're in the studio so tracks galore eh?

Thanks for taking the time to read if you got this far (if not then......I guess you would not be reading this last part) yet I ramble on...............................

real name? Igor Volin
age? 26
how long been playing? all my life :)
origin of user name? shortening from my first and second name
top N drummers? Dave Weckl, Steve Gadd, Steve Smith, Dennis Chambers, Terry Bozzio, Buddy Rich, John Bonham, Vinnie Colaiuta, Marco Minnemann, Thomas Lang...
make of drumkit? Yamaha
make of cymbal? Istanbul Traditional & Alchemy
where do you practice? I have a small studio in my house and in any other place where I can.
are you in a band/s? Yes
covers or originals? orginals
what style of music? funk, jazz, blues
favourite take out food? Milk
country? Ukraine
how did you start drumming? when I was 6 years old I was presented with little drum by my father :)

HI!!

Hi!! I am Ricardo from Portugal. I'm 21 years old. My drum is an REMO bravo, my set cymbal:
Hihat- Anatolian Kappadokia;
Crashes: Paiste Alpha, Zildjian K;
Ride: Zildjian Planet Z

Well hello there, I'm new to the forum aswel (surprise surprise)

real name?
- Pete
age?
- 17, 09.06.1991
how long been playing?
- Umm about eight years now
origin of user name?
- Don't even ask :D
top 5 drummers?
- Gavin Harrison, Bernard Purdie, Benny Greb, Martin Axenroth and Jojo Mayer in order
make of drumkit?
- Currenlty Pearl, soon (hopefully :D) to be Sonor
make of cymbal?
- Sabian all the way
where do you practice?
- Hiukkavaara in Oulu, it's this old army base kinda thingy transformed to several practising spaces since it has been deserted
are you in a band/s?
- Oh yes, check it out @ www.veraciousmind.com
covers or originals?
- With band, never, independently yes.
what style of music?
- Our band plays hardis alternative rock but I'm trying to be as versatile as I can be, so I'm playing (when alone) funk, rock, jazz, d'n'b etc etc.
favourite take out food?
- Pizza
country?
- Finland
one really odd fact about yourself?
- I find cats to be the coolest guys on earth
how did you start drumming?
- It was a pretty basic situation, I was ten years and the just during one of our music lessons in school the teacher said I'd be on drums this time and now we're here :)

I'm hoping the best possible "foruming" time on this forum! :D

Hello, I just registered on the forum. For some reason, up until now I haven't really been too active with immersing myself in the drum world. I've never posted on a drum forum like this, i've never subscribed to a drum magazine, I've never really done anything more with my drums other then travel around and play shows as well as my practicing of course. So I am trying to change that.

real name? Alexander Scott Allen
age? 20
how long been playing? 5 years
origin of user name? Its just another way of saying Alexander. I like it, and use it on my inter-web adventures.
top 5 drummers? I don't have a top 5 as much as I have a group of drummers that really inspires. Dave Turncrantz is on the list, as well as a few others, AJ Barret, he was the reason I started playing, and Fred Brown.
make of drumkit? I am playing with a PDP CX series bass drum, and a Ddrum ash pocket floor tom, rack tom, and snare.
make of cymbal? Zildjian A Custom 16 crash, Z custom 19 rock crash, very old (but still my favorite) B8 Sabian 20 ride, and Zildjian A Custom high-hats.
where do you practice? My house.
are you in a band/s? Yes, I believe said tasty jams are in my signature.
covers or originals? We do a couple different American Nightmare covers, as well as Fall Children by AFI.
what style of music? My band plays hardcore punk. I would say i am currently a hardcore punk drummer because its my current music of choice, but I also first learned Jazz when I started playing drums. Eventually, my plan is to mature away from hardcore punk and settle down into playing just Jazz. I don't foresee this happening until i'm around 30 at least tho. I love playing hardcore punk; I have so much freedom.
favourite take out food? Tough choice, I would say Indian, but I really haven't found good Indian take-out anywhere. So I would say Thai, Japanese, or Korean food.
country? Country? I live in the states.
one really odd fact about yourself? I am training to start playing tournament level squash.
how did you start drumming? Like I said, I would say I first started playing because of a guy named AJ Barret. He was in my brothers band at the time, I saw him play, he was real good, we got to know each other a little better, I had been wanting to get a drum set for years, and then the rest is history. AJ has since then progressed significantly,hes a Ddrum endorse now, I aspire to progress beyond him.

Hey,

I've been registered for a longer time and I think now it's time to present myself, so...

Name
David Floegel

origin of user name?
Hm, what was my username?
Ah, right.. Kalma is the name of a death-god as wikipedia sais..

how long have you been playing
since i'm 6. in 2009 ~ 11 years..

top 5 drummers?
only 5? hm.. ok... gavin harrison, chris brien, thomas lang, danny carry, dave weckl and many more...

make of my drumkit:
Sonor Force 2001 with Sonor (Artist) Snares and other snares..
collecting money for a sonor sq2.

make of my cymbals
zildjian k-custom and avedis cymbals.
one paiste china, will be replaced..

where do you practice
my house, my room with a practice pad. the set is placed in basement.. (or so?)

are you in bands?
yes, one jazz-combo with musicians 30 years older :) :D
i'm looking for musicians for a progressive rock band...

covers or originals
jazz band: covers

what style of music
jaaaaazz

favourite take out food?
i believe it's pizza...

country?
Nottuln (Muenster), Germany
-> that's a reason for my (bad) english ;)

one really odd fact about yourself?
i'm a little perfectionist..

when i was young (about 3/4 years old) i bashed on everything i found :) :D

Name
Robert D'Addario

origin of user name?
xl120 - my dad signed up for aol in 1991-2 with the username [email protected]120 is the original item number for one of our biggest selling set of strings. I took over his account pretty quickly, and have carried the username ever since.

how long have you been playing
Since I was 11 - so 21 years - ouch that's painful

top 5 drummers?
Stewart Copeland
Ringo
Matt Chamberlin
Bernard Purdie
Ziggaboo

make of my drumkit:
DW - circa 1994-96 - 8, 10, 12, 14, 15 in fast sizes...18 and 22 inch kick, don't play all of them all the time...Noble & Cooley Snare 14 x 3 3/4, and a custom 12 x 7 inch snare.

make of my cymbals
zildjian k-custom darks, and Kanstantinopals (sp)

where do you practice
In my basement

are you in bands?
Currently no

covers or originals
perfer play originals, but these days I just enjoying playing.

what style of music
Rock; Singer/Songwriter; Funk; New Orleans Funk; Jazz, Fusion...

favourite take out food?
Chinese

country?
USA

all of the other instruments were taken in my family...seriously it was more of an attraction to the instrument at a very early age

Last edited:

real name? Robert-jan van Schoonacker
age? 36
how long been playing? 28 years
origin of user name? my nickname
make of drumkit? Mapex
make of cymbal? Masterwork
where do you practice? in my drumstudio
are you in a band/s? freelance
covers or originals? both
what style of music? pop jazz latin world
favourite take out food? greek
country? Holland

Hello, My name is xavier Rose, I'm drummer since I'm 16 years old, I've learn drum with many teacher, and I also take course in drumtech college of music in London!
I've play with several band, blues, rock, pop, jazz, metal, but I'm love playing prog.

I'm work as a drum teacher, and I want to pass professional, playing just music will be awesome . I've the project to create my own studio in few year to be able to create what I have in my head.

My favorite drummer are: Mike Portnoy, Virgil Donati, Mike Mangini, I love this three much but I have also Good inspiration when I see other drummer.

I play on a pearl mmx. Two bass drum, tom: 8' 10' 12' 13' 16' the snare is a melody master from Tama. Iron cobra for the pedal, And I love sabian for the cymbal.

You can also go on my myspace to ear what I do and see some picture of my kit!

http://myspace.com/xavierrosedrummer

Hello, My name is xavier Rose, I'm drummer since I'm 16 years old, I've learn drum with many teacher, and I also take course in drumtech college of music in London!
I've play with several band, blues, rock, pop, jazz, metal, but I'm love playing prog.

I'm work as a drum teacher, and I want to pass professional, playing just music will be awesome . I've the project to create my own studio in few year to be able to create what I have in my head.

My favorite drummer are: Mike Portnoy, Virgil Donati, Mike Mangini, I love this three much but I have also Good inspiration when I see other drummer.

I play on a pearl mmx. Two bass drum, tom: 8' 10' 12' 13' 16' the snare is a melody master from Tama. Iron cobra for the pedal, And I love sabian for the cymbal.

You can also go on my myspace to ear what I do and see some picture of my kit!

http://myspace.com/xavierrosedrummer

Real name? Kevin Howden

Age? 21

How long been playing? 6 years

Origin of user name? Initials

Top 5 drummers? Gonna change that to Musicians, seen as all but one of my favourite Musicians are not a Drummer; Gavin Harrison (Drummer), Thom Yorke (Radiohead; Song-writer, Guitar, Vox), Steven Wilson (Porcupine Tree; song-writer, Guitar, Vox), Billy Corgan (The Smashing Pumpkins; Song-writer, Guitar, Vox), Matt Bellamy (Muse; Song-writer, Guitar, Vox).

Make of drumkit? Premier

Make of cymbal? Sabian

Where do you practice? Practice Room and Pad.

Are you in a band/s? Nay, well until I re-uinte with my old band members in Brighton this September.

Covers or originals? Originals

What style of music? Alternative, Ambient, Psychdelic, Progressive (Porcupine Tree, Radiohead stylee etc no Fret noodling).

Favourite take out food? Chinese
Country? England

One really odd fact about yourself? My Moustache has Celebrity status among my Friends......

How did you start drumming? Well I've always been interested in Rhythm, my report cards from Primary School mention that I was always attentive and keen on Rhythm in Music Class but I didn't actually take the plunge until I was in my Teens and got a friend to teach me the basics.

Last edited:

How long been playing: On & off for 30 years (unfortunately, way more off than on)
Top 5 drummers: Rob Hirst, Doug Falconer, Stewart Copeland, Nick Mason, Mark Kingsmill
Make of drum kit: Pearl Maxwin (old kit)
Make of cymbal: Paiste
What style of music: Rock, jazz, classic
How did you start drumming: At school.

How long been playing: On & off for 30 years (unfortunately, way more off than on)
Top 5 drummers: Rob Hirst, Doug Falconer, Stewart Copeland, Nick Mason, Mark Kingsmill

A Pearl Maxwin!!! Wow that was my first kit back in 83. I still own it too sitting up in my garage attic!!!! At one point it was 2 bass, 2 mounted toms, 2 concert toms, 2 floor toms and one 5.5inch by 14 snare. Memories!!!

http://www.myspace.com/musicofwolvesatthedoor

Welcome Chris.

I too began with a Maxwin in black finish. :)

Thanks for the welcome guys. The Maxwin is a black 4 piece & is looking a little tired (it matches the owner) but for now it'll be fine. Right now I really need to get some decent hats, a crash & a ride.

Greetings Fellow Drummers!

I'm Chris, a 23 year old drummer from Orlando, FL. I started at a young age, when my Dad bought me my first junior kit probably shortly after I started to walk and talk. After outgrowing my junior kit, I started hopping up on Dad's kit, making all kinds of noise that made my mother hate drums even more. In my teenage years, I was too busy partying to continue drumming, so I gave it up before I even really got started playing seriously. After a freak accident on Turkey Day of '05, I endured 4 long months of recovery at home and not long after the first few days home alone, I became bored senseless. When I visisted my Dad shortly after Christmas, he gave me a practice pad and drumsticks to cure my boredom, and soon after, I was addicted to drumming again. Today, with a little more know-how and a decent kit purchased back in March of '08, I am back on the drums and I am addicted. My kit is a 5 piece Pearl Forum Series complete with 14" B8 Hi hats, 16" Pro Sonix Crash, 18" Pro Studio Crash, 20" Pro Sonix Ride, and my newest addition, a Neil Peart Paragon 10" Splash all from Sabian. Soon, In due time, I will be tossing my B8 series cymbals out the window and upgrading to Sabian AA's. Although I am still an amateur, I am interested in joining a band that is interested in learning to play together and just have fun doing it. So, to all fellow drummers, rock hard, rock heavy, rock on!

Hi Fellow Drummers

My name is Rosemarie and I live in east London (United Kingdom). I only started drumming about 3 years ago and am still very much a novice. I practice on an Arbiter flats kit at home. I am 45 years "young" and wish that I started a long long time ago. I've always admired drummers because they have such amazing timing and skill. I would love to play in a band but I've never been involved in the music industry so have no idea where to start. My question to you experienced drummers who are playing in a band, what advice can you offer me please? How do I get my skills up? How do I go about looking for a band that I can develop my skills with? Is there such thing as drummers meetings/events?

I particularly like reggae music but am open to most kinds of music. Would love to meet up with other drummers to learn more and get involved in some way. I have worked as a secretary/P.A. for more than 20 years so am open to helping anyone out if required. I just want to immerse myself in the industry to learn how it all operates.

I look forward to hearing from you. By the way, if I've posted this in the wrong place then please let me know.

Best regards.

Rosemarie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back