Hi Hat Stand

Nealio1987

Hi all

I really need a good quality hi hat stand , to take out on the road with me , my last one broke mid gig, Any recomendations ?

Neal

TAMA Iron Cobra HH905. You will very pleased.

No need to go off the deep end on a hi-hat stand. Just look for one that's dependable, breaks down easily, and most of all is stable. Swivel-leg is just about standard now but if you play double bass, you can't really do without it, so make sure it has that.

Mid-range offerings from Yamaha, Gibraltar, and PDP are personally all recommended.

Here you go mate. I found this site: http://www.drumshack.co.uk/prodtype...on=17&ph=cat&strKeywords=&&strSearchCriteria= with Sterling prices to give me an idea. For 150 quid you can get a bit. The Pearl's are all good stands. The Tama Iron Cobra is good. The Yamaha will be good. There's even a used DW within your budget.

Have a look around. Looks like your money will get you something quite decent.

hey great site , i was thinking along the lines of something like the dw but my local drum shop does a brand new 1 for £145

You could always go with a Remote Speedy Hat! Moving the hats over a bit makes playing everything easier and opens up new possibilities. And no one has ever broken one so it's good to go on the road.

You could always go with a Remote Speedy Hat! Moving the hats over a bit makes playing everything easier and opens up new possibilities. And no one has ever broken one so it's good to go on the road.

Any chance of a budget 'SPEEDY HAT' like in the $150 range?

I understand that the DW hihat feels different to other offerings in that the speed of opening isn't as fast as the Tama for example. Now this is not a problem, but you may need to readjust your technique.

What bass pedal are you using?

I have the Tama Iron Cobra kick and the Tama HH605 hihat. I'm very pleased with it but if you buy any of the manufacturers products around £150 you will be cooking with gas.

Davo

I picked up a Tama Road Pro Hi Hat stand on ebay for 55 US with shipping. Ebay can be a great place to find some lightly used equipment that will get the job done.

Back