help! modular vs L-arm

Hey Volvoguy, what year is your classic maples? The hardware you have on yours is the original classic style with the updated wing nuts, instead of the horrible hexhead screws I had on my mid 70's 3 plies. The Elite hardware is the newest version that takes the 10.5mm L-rods instead of the 9.5mm rods. Those brackets are more square, and the bass drum tom mount plates are different too. When I built my Keller kit, the tom brackets I got from Drummaker turned out to be exactly the same as the newer Ludwig mounts, so I wonder if Gibraltar makes all of Ludwig's newer hardware, as I know they make alot of the generic parts found on the drum builder supply sites. It's high quality stuff, though. I do believe you can still get the Ludwig classic mounts/brackets by special order.

My Maples are from 1997. Looking at MassMusic and the Ludwig Catalogs, I think I misspoke: I don't have the Elite, but rather the *Rocker* Single Mount. 9.5mm (Ludwig p/n LR2981MT). That name rings a distant bell in the back of my head from when I ordered the kit. It's a nice mount, and dirt cheap... I'm thinking of putting one on my New Element SE kit.

I too have suspected a Gibraltar connection with Ludwig's hardware. Especially on the import kits. Too many similarities. The new rail mounts on Ludwig and Gretsch kits are definitely Gibraltar.

-Ryan

Back