Effiicent way to transport stands and hardware

markusjj

I have been using an old basketball bag to carry my cymbal stands but it is getting kinda beat up and developing holes. What do you guys use to lug around your hardware? I need something moderately cheap.

I have been using the same SKB golf club travel case for over 10 years.

SKB-4812WS.jpg

DW canister throne:

6100.jpg

I'm using 6000 series hardware, works great. Plus I can load a couple drums on the top of the throne and get half my stuff in on one trip.

Here's what I use 89.00
I changed the wheels to metal though the plastics that come with it suck

Attachments

• 200000.jpg
    200000.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 277
I just use an el'cheapo 1meter wide sports bag, for something like bassball, Been using it for 2years, no holes so far, and i have a thin cut-to-length planks of oak in the bottom so it is easy to move. Cost $7. Great lil bag :). I also made a hardware hardbox, thats 1.2meters wide, 30cm high and 40cm wide, made from ultra-strength industrial metal with bits of markless rubber on all corners, so no one hurts themselves :p. (markless so it doesnt mark the floor or anything). I love the idea of using a gold club hardcase :p

"SKB SKB-H4816W Large Stand Case with Wheels". I've beat this for over 3 years and it's fantastic. Rugged, tie down straps, da wheels. Fits everything, trust me.

Attachments

• 478996.jpg
    478996.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 264
I use a standard plastic drum box, with the wheels on the back and grab handles on top and at each end. inside it has straps to hold sticks and the pedal. I have had it for 5 years now- its made for Roland drums the TD9- but my td stays at home, so the acoustic kit stands are well protected from rain, etc and easy to move around--only trouble is its heavy when loaded!

I use a standard Camp footlocker. It is extreemly efficient as I can fit my stands, pedal bag, seat cushion, drum rug and snare in there...and it has wheels you can get one at the container store or for a more heavy duty one try a millitary surplus store

Product.jhtml

I use this RoadRunner case. It was $100. I like the extra length (50") so I don't have to take my stands down. I just pull the boom arm out with the memory lock and I set up in half the time.

It can get pretty heavy though when you fill it up.

http://www.roadrunnercases.com/products/index.cfm?cat=drums

Scroll to the bottom of the page after clicking on the link to see this bag.

I have always used my dads old green army bags. They are super heavy duty material. I have been using and giging with them for 13 years now. I have one hole in each one that i keep meaning to patch but iven the rip isnt spreading because the fabric is so strong.

I bought one of those Rockbag cases with the wheels but with just a hatchback, it didnt fit well in my car. so i switched back to the army bags.

I will be buying some new cases soon though. I have my eye on the Protection Racket hardware cases. I have Protection Racket Cases for everything else and they are the best soft cases ive ever owned so i assume the hardware cases will be Sweet!

I use "Hardcase" medium & large chests with wheels on the back end. They are tough but I would say the weakest link are the plastic snap buckles, but these are cheap to replace.

I have been using the same SKB golf club travel case for over 10 years.

A friend of mine has an old school rock a billy band (Ronnie Hayward) and occaisionally has guest drummers. Once, a guy brought in a montage of vintage drums (e.g. a 3 piece mixed set from the 40's and 50's). After the gig, he pulled out an old golf bag (1960's I presume) and put his hardware in that!

GJS

Back