Show Off Your DW Kit

My original band started to record our CD over the weekend, here are some kit pics

Jan%2026-27%20Studio%20Pics%209.jpg

Jan%2026-27%20Studio%20Pics%208.jpg

Jan%2026-27%20Studio%20Pics%206.jpg

Jan%2026-27%20Studio%20Pics%2011.jpg

My original band started to record our CD over the weekend, here are some kit pics

Holy tom angles batman! IMO that kit nearly qualifies for the tom angles thread. But as long as it works for you I don't have a problem with it.

Lovely finish though!

-Jonathan

Tell them to plug in the Coles before they start up again, lol.

Dennis

It's been ages since I've posted anything, but I reheaded my kit over the weekend and thought I'd throw some photos up:

Rocking such a simple set up is feeling great.

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    360.2 KB · Views: 2,719
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    405.6 KB · Views: 2,759
  • photo copy.JPG
    photo copy.JPG
    512.1 KB · Views: 2,784
This is a close up of the one of a kind wrap on my 1998 Keller era Collectors Series. Sizes are 10,12,14,16,22. The kit used to belong to billionaire and co-founder of Microsoft Paul Allen. He is an avid guitar player and has a world class recording studio in his home. I am guessing it was used in his studios because they are in mint condition. He also has a studio on his yacht.http://www.aethelyon.net/post/88823653/recording-studio-on-the-octopus-paul-allens
As for the wrap, he wanted a one of a kind wrap so he commissioned DW to come up with something unique. I purchased them from Donn Bennett drum studio who gave me the history of the kit.

Attachments

• DSCN0778 new.jpg
    DSCN0778 new.jpg
    733.9 KB · Views: 2,628
Last edited:
I actually hated it at first but it was a good deal so I bought them. I have been playing them for 4 years now and I would not trade them for a brand new kit. The 16 floor tom is in the background. Try to ignore the messy room.

Attachments

• DSCN0608.JPG
    DSCN0608.JPG
    223.5 KB · Views: 2,537
I actually hated it at first but it was a good deal so I bought them. I have been playing them for 4 years now and I would not trade them for a brand new kit. The 16 floor tom is in the background. Try to ignore the messy room.

The floor tom in the back looks like an end table. It must sound amazing.

Those look great! From a distance, that wrap looks like an exotic veneer. Very unique!

It's been ages since I've posted anything, but I reheaded my kit over the weekend and thought I'd throw some photos up:

Rocking such a simple set up is feeling great.

Nice setup bro! Did you get a giant sticker made to go over your kick reso? Looks like a seam around the edge of the head. Regardless, I like the look and hole placement. :D

Nice setup bro! Did you get a giant sticker made to go over your kick reso? Looks like a seam around the edge of the head. Regardless, I like the look and hole placement. :D

Thanks man!

It's a custom screen print on my kick head - it doesn't extend all the way to the edge so that it doesn't crinkle when tension is applied to the head. It's slightly noticeable but really I'm not too worried, the print itself is really durable so I won't have any issues with it scratching or tearing.

Back