New Toy...

baz

Silver Member
...no, it's not a drum toy

I just picked up a new lens, a 50mm 2.5 macro lens. It doesn't give me a very wide angle of view, but it is great for something like this.

and this

and this

I call this my two by two, or my horizontal cocktail kit.

For my open stage for the middle aged open jam, this will be all I will need. 18x16 bass, 14x6 edge snare, 14" aax stage hats, and 18" aaxplosion crash with a pair of carbon fibre rods.

Barry

Is it just me or does the last pic look like a toy kit in a dolls house? In any case, very nice kit and lens. I'm envious

Can we have a comparison shot? No lens vs. new lens?

No lens wouldn't give much of a picture, would it.

Nice, Barry! I just love the small set up. What camera do you have? And what specific lens is that new one?

Looks good.

Funny, I just set up my kit similar to this about 20 minutes ago.

Except I have a 22" bass, 13" snare 13" hats, and 18" crash.

Looking very nice, very crisp shots. What base are you using? Guz2 is right, there is almost a miniature feel to the drums, especially the last shot. Nice photography

Looking very nice, very crisp shots. What base are you using? Guz2 is right, there is almost a miniature feel to the drums, especially the last shot. Nice photography

Yeah, seriously, that's awesome...I just noticed you used manual focus (I think) and focused out everything but the kit, effectively making it look like a dream, haha.

What camera are you using Baz??

...Hola Grunters dad.

I am using a Canon 5D. They were blowing them out this past fall, and offering rebates, so I upgraded from my 30D.

Thanks for all the positive comments Guys.

I have been a camera buff for more years than I have been a drummer. I see both hobbies, plus being a hockey goalie as supporting each other, as timing, reflex, (a certain amount of) stamina, patience, and confidence help you to be as successfull as you choose to be.

Also, all three obsessions feed my gearhead mentality to a tee.

Barry

every time i see those drums of yours... wow, just gorgeous...

and the pics are incredible, what clarity!

good drumming baz!

There certainly is a delicious quality about these pix, Barry! I thought Cannon had something called a 50D? Are you missing a zero or am I adding one?

PS-Your drums would look great with a phone camera.

There certainly is a delicious quality about these pix, Barry! I thought Cannon had something called a 50D? Are you missing a zero or am I adding one?

PS-Your drums would look great with a phone camera.

...Namaste Aydee.

We are both correct. canon does make a 50D, but mine is the 5D. The 5D has a sensor that is equivalent to a full frame 35MM, whereas the 30D, 40D, and I think the 50D have smaller sensors. I am not sure what other differences there are between them.

Thank you all again for the comps on the kits. I am tired of taking these standard setup in my basement shots. They remind me of those Harley in the garage shots that I see a lot of. I had made a vow that I would only take gig pics, but I had to try out the new toy.

Barry

It confuses me!!!!! If you look at a normal distance, it seens like they are some sort of drum miniature, but if you start to back away, they look normal.
Nice kit anyway.

Back