My Masters Mahogany MHP Pics/Setup

Cringe

Hi Guys,

I just thought I would Show you guys my new Pearl Masters Mahogany Premium L.E. Kit and also my Drum Setup in general. There's not much light in this room, and camera stills don't do this finish justice, in real life, the colors and wood grain just pop. Anyway here we go :D

Specs:
Drums
Masters Mahogany Premium L.E in Vintage Burl Mahogany Burst ( #340 ) with Chrome Hardware. 4 Ply African Mahogany Shells with Maple Reinforcement Rings.
10x8 Rack Tom
12x9 ( not setup or pictured )
14x14 Floor Tom
22x18 Bass Drum
Pearl Sensitone Elite Brass SnareDrum 14" x 6.5"

Cymbals
14" Paiste Signature Medium Hi-Hats
18" Zildjian A Custom Crash
20" Zildjian K Custom Hybrid Ride
16" Sabian Xs20 Crash ( Soon to be replaced hehe )

Other
Stock Clear Ambassadors on the Toms
Controlled Sound Batter, Clear Ambassador on the Snare
Evans EMAD and Stock Pearl Reso on the Bass Drum
Pearl 122-TW Double Pedal ( set up as just a single )
Dw 4000 Single Pedal on the Dtx
PDP Zebra Print Stool

On The Right we have a Yamaha Dtxtreme III Electronic Drumkit that I use just for practice. Some seriously helpful metronome functions in this kit my favorite being Rhythm Gate ( you play to a click, any strokes that are out of time become filtered or muted ).

100_0635.jpg

100_0646.jpg

100_0650.jpg

100_0627.jpg

100_0647.jpg

100_0645.jpg

100_0632.jpg

100_0633.jpg

Picture010.jpg

I like that mahogany finish. Very pretty.

How does it sound pointed towards the corner like that?

ahh very lively to say the least hah. the cymbals go crazy in that room, but you work with what u have right ?

Yes cool kit,i too said to myself,why have them facing the corner????The a custom is my choice of crash as well...Can you give me your take,likes dislikes of the k ride you have??????.Thanks

Yes cool kit,i too said to myself,why have them facing the corner????The a custom is my choice of crash as well...Can you give me your take,likes dislikes of the k ride you have??????.Thanks

That K Hybrid Ride I actually only picked up about a week ago after sifting through almost every zildjian and paiste ride in my local shop. I think its great, By far one of the most crashable rides you'll find, you could actually use it as just a straight crash if you wanted to.

Its kind of bright and a little aggressive, good stick definition, crash opens up nice and quick and doesn't have that gong kind of sound, when you crash it actually sounds like a crash, loud bell. Not too much wash, not too heavy either, I really like it. You could describe it as being kind of versatile.

The only dislike I can come up with is that its a tad aggressive, I mean, its good on the one hand because it cuts really nicely, but im planning on having a 2nd ride that's quite smooth , for when you want that mellow sound.

All in all I am very happy with the ride, hope this helps

Mmm Mahogany drums w/ maple rings...lovin that look.
They gotta sound great.

Back